Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

201 - 220 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
And here we have a very patient hunter...
Congrats on the opportunity!
I had 32 minutes to look him over within bow range this morning. Have lots of video of him rubbing and making scrapes. It was an awesome scene but he just didn’t quite do it for me. Hopefully one of my hunting guests or neighbors have an opportunity with him.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Back at the truck......I’m so mad at myself, good thing it didn’t hit the ground to hard because of all the branches it F N bounced off of. But I did get lucky because the sight barely got tangled with the barbed wire fence before it flipped around to the ground.....is it to early for a beer ?
Flight
Never

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Well it’s a no go.....going to wait until I’m home tomorrow afternoon and deal with it. I think it’s a inch left at 20 so what does that make it at 40. I respect the animal to much to carry it to the woods, I will set with my wife of kid this afternoon instead.
Flight
2 inches

I had 32 minutes to look him over within bow range this morning. Have lots of video of him rubbing and making scrapes. It was an awesome scene but he just didn’t quite do it for me. Hopefully one of my hunting guests or neighbors have an opportunity with him.
What's the application process to become a guest?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sat my stand this morning that I usually save for a N wind and some colder weather, so today was the day. Text my brother at 8:52 telling him how bummed I was not seeing anything. About 9:05 I see my first deer...a shooter buck for me. Crosses in front of me on the trail at 20 yards. Happened really fast (usually does) and I think the shot was back. He bolted with the arrow in him. Found some blood 20 yards from impact but backed out and giving him a few hours at least. Anxious, but definitely not rushing it. Will update later.

·
Premium Member
9,178 Posts
Good luck all this day has been stellar and I haven’t even been out this year. That may change if I can get into my tree stand. I sprained my ankle a week ago and it’s finally starting to feel better. You guys are firing me up!
Billy would gut it out

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Nice buck ! CONGRATS. Be in for the afternoon. Good luck all. Brother has a doe down on public SE St.Clair county
Best season of my life. Shortest too. Got another 8 this morning.
20 yard shot, looked pretty good. I saw him go down. 30 min later I walked up to him and he started moving again. Had to give him a follow up shot. He expired right after.
I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to shoot two bucks this year and tag out early.
Good luck to everyone out there! View attachment 592209
congrats

·
Registered
330 Posts
Best season of my life. Shortest too. Got another 8 this morning.
20 yard shot, looked pretty good. I saw him go down. 30 min later I walked up to him and he started moving again. Had to give him a follow up shot. He expired right after.
I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to shoot two bucks this year and tag out early.
Good luck to everyone out there! View attachment 592209
Great season. Congrats

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Shot my first buck with a bow in over a decade. Arrow was a pass through with blood on it. Found the blood trail but am waiting. Deer ran about fifty yards. Then stopped and started walking away. Drove the twenty minutes home to change and get my boys and see how my griffon does tracking.

Pretty nervous about tracking it. Hope it was a good shot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Congrats like everyone else said be patient give him time ya got all day ......buddy shot a doe last saturday night said he made a good shot and she ran 30 yards then stopped wobbled around n walked off with her head down .......I went out to help track n once I looked at the arrow it screamed gut shot ...smelled bad and clearly had greenish yellow on vanes ...took some convincing but talked buddy into backing out and waiting till morning to look... next morn we found her about 80 yards from his stand with no blood trail at all ...he had a hard time waiting but I'm sure if we would have went looking that night we would have jumped her and probably never found her

201 - 220 of 416 Posts