Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Anyone else have a hard time sleeping this time of year? Day off of work, no intentions on hunting yet I’m up at 0400 mind racing about different scenarios for which stand to hunt on what wind 8 days from now lol.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Anyone else have a hard time sleeping this time of year? Day off of work, no intentions on hunting yet I’m up at 0400 mind racing about different scenarios for which stand to hunt on what wind 8 days from now lol.
only a fool lives life with no plan 😊 .....good luck!.....on a side note I just saw one of the largest lightning bolts in my 65 years on this planet....Auburn Hills.....went from the heavens to the earth :oops:

·
Administrator
18,066 Posts
Slept like a baby! because ....
Tuesday night (7:00 PM) I get a call from my hunting buddy who I hunt the farm with in Port Sanilac. "Joe, I hit a buck! I can't find the bolt, or any blood". I have to pick the little lady up at the airport that night, but tell him I can make the hour and fifteen minute drive out and be there by 10:30. Look until 1:00 AM ... NOTHING!
Head home and get to sleep by 2:00, and up for work at 6:00 AM.
Next day friend calls me and finds blood 350 yards from the shot!
I call a tracker, and buck recovered - still warm - died that morning.
Now - just have to keep preaching shot selection to my 75 year old friend!
<----<<<

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yesterday morning was slow for me. I'm thinking the little bucks have finally pushed alot of does into my corn fields. Seen one spike pass about 30 mins ago looking for someone to bother or play with. Good luck to all that venture.

·
Administrator
18,066 Posts
Live From The Stand..
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
1 - 20 of 124 Posts