Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

121 - 140 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Thank you all so much. Means a lot.

He was so close when I first saw him. I turned over my left shoulder to get the bow in my hand as he was coming directly towards me. By the time I turned around, he was almost behind that shagbark hickory limb at my feet. I drew. He turned to his right, and quartered away. I had to really try hard to get him to stop. I squeezed it off (from a seated position) and he booked. I mean, it happened in, like, 10 seconds! In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I did actually hear him fall because the last place I heard him was where we found him. He had run in a loop around behind me down the edge of the cornfield and then made a left turn back into the woods. Found him in a bunch of dead falls. Easy track job.

149#

(and, yes, anytime you mention me in the same sentence as mbrewer, I'm counting that as a victory! :bowdown:)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I took the morning to do a field goose hunt with my new puppy (6 months)
This is his first hunt and were tucked in ready and waiting !
I have to get this dog out and hunt him ,so no deer stand for me the next few days.. (???)
Good luck everyone and God bless the successful hunters today !!!
My puppy did great ..
He stayed in the kennel (Mutt Hutt) like he was supposed to do ..
He was obedient to my commands and he retrieved his first goose..
The bird sailed into the pond behind us and it was also a first time water retrieve !!
I'm a pretty happy doggy daddy today...

On a side note.
Congratulations to all the successful hunters today!!!!

·
Registered
26,514 Posts

He was so close when I first saw him. I turned over my left shoulder to get the bow in my hand as he was coming directly towards me. By the time I turned around, he was almost behind that shagbark hickory limb at my feet. I drew. He turned to his right, and quartered away. I had to really try hard to get him to stop. I squeezed it off (from a seated position) and he booked. I mean, it happened in, like, 10 seconds! In hindsight, I'm pretty sure I did actually hear him fall because the last place I heard him was where we found him. He had run in a loop around behind me down the edge of the cornfield and then made a left turn back into the woods. Found him in a bunch of dead falls. Easy track job.

149#

(and, yes, anytime you mention me in the same sentence as mbrewer, I'm counting that as a victory! :bowdown:)
Congratulations Mr. Labtech!

·
Registered
5,234 Posts

149#

Sounds like an exciting blur of the moment morning hunt. Pretty work 2L, & congrats on him. (& If you got em more pics please)

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Finally made it back out hunting after a week and a half. On my way in I had a coyote step out of the fence row in front of me. He was about 75 yards but I was going to give it a go. He took off when I started to draw. Then I snuck right up on a doe that never knew I was there. The coyote had to have run right past her

121 - 140 of 271 Posts