Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I’m out on my property tonight. Apparently I have a bully running around. Had a nice 8 I’ve been watching all summer show up on cell cam yesterday with half a rack! It was snapped off clean at the base and he had a big patch of fur missing at the base of his neck. Then I come home today to this! This is the second time I’ve had a 3-D target taken out by a buck, I need to start keeping a trailcam out in the fall on my target. On the walk in I see he made 3 fresh scrapes in my foodplot too. Hopefully see him tonight….
View attachment 792023

He tried to kill you target out of mercy. Thats gotta be the most jacked up target i've ever seen!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went out tonight to sit for my first hunt of the year. Sitting in a stand in a fence rooverlooking a cut bean field in Eato Terrestrial animal Grass Grassland Groundcover Tail n County. Saw a Branch Twig Plant Grass Terrestrial animal couple small bucks and got to watch them for 45 minutes. Fighting, eating, rubbing trees, etc. It was almost like watching 2 puppies mess around. Very fun sit even tho no shooting

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Had a nice sit in washtenaw, no deer until the last 30 minutes of light for me. Say 2 small bucks, a nice 10pt, and about 8 does. Brother only saw about 10 does.

Edit: 10pt gave the slip at 70 yards. Would stop for my grunting but wouldnt come check me out. Would have really liked a closer look and most likely a shot but thats how it goes.

Wood Grey Flooring Road surface Hardwood

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went round and round with them last year when I bought the camera...I found their customer service to be terrible.

I kept asking for a refund, but instead they sent me another camera...same results. I will download the card here shortly and see what is on it.

Meanwhile, my Tactacam just keeps working.
Same here. 4 cams. 1/4 working yet purchased unlimited photos on all 4. Sent me two new cams. Only one works. French customer service is hard to explain to and if you get disconnected which I have 3 times during troubleshooting you start all over. Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
833 Posts
I fail to see what difference it would make. Once your committed to a stand your there no matter what cell pics would be sent to you from other spots. Plus I seldom sit next to my cams. I use cams to monitor deer movement to and from my property and base stand sites based off their movemnent. If cell cams benefit you thats awesome.
Yeah one of the benefits I gain from cell cams is to decide which property , out of multiple, to hunt based on what I'm seeing and that probably doesn't apply to you. However the benefits don't end there, it's all in how you use them and without having to intrude to check cards makes a a big difference on where you can place them. That will benefit any hunter whether you're on one 10 acre piece or hunting large sections. I'm not putting cells next to stands and waiting to see what happens there, they are placed to monitor deer movement but getting that intel quicker and scent / intrusion free is important to me for chasing the upper end of bucks in my area.

·
Registered
19,917 Posts
Yeah one of the benefits I gain from cell cams is to decide which property , out of multiple, to hunt based on what I'm seeing and that probably doesn't apply to you. However the benefits don't end there, it's all in how you use them and without having to intrude to check cards makes a a big difference on where you can place them. That will benefit any hunter whether you're on one 10 acre piece or hunting large sections. I'm not putting cells next to stands and waiting to see what happens there, they are placed to monitor deer movement but getting that intel quicker and scent / intrusion free is important to me for chasing the upper end of bucks in my area.
Really happy for you in how wise
You are in your use of them. Hope it pays off for you and I'm sure it will. Me I'm just a different type of hunter.

·
Administrator
17,914 Posts
Reactions: Greenkingsalmon
61 - 69 of 69 Posts