Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Brother and I are both out on the farm in Washtenaw County. I'm sitting in what we call the eagles nest, a 32ft stand overlooking a now brushhoged field, 100 yards wide, 400 yards long, with big wood lots on each side. Deer traveled all the time between these woods, but unsure how they will be now with the recent cutting.
32 feet! Are you packing a rifle?!?! That would be out of range for me if he was right at the base of the tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Sky Plant Plant community Natural landscape Botany

Overlooking a grass field with some autumn olive mixed in. Have a great view and already saw a brown back. Thought it was a stump in the fence row so I pulled up the binos and after a quick glance confirmed it was a stump and then the stump walked away. Never did see it’s head. Pretty sure it was a booner though

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
View attachment 792013

Overlooking a grass field with some autumn olive mixed in. Have a great view and already saw a brown back. Thought it was a stump in the fence row so I pulled up the binos and after a quick glance confirmed it was a stump and then the stump walked away. Never did see it’s head. Pretty sure it was a booner though

Awesome setting

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
32 feet! Are you packing a rifle?!?! That would be out of range for me if he was right at the base of the tree!

Haha it is primarily a rifle stand, but we have taken a few with a bow. Great observation stand with very easy access.

No deer yet, but 21 turkey, half toms, and a few giant ones. Only the hens came by in range.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Good luck fellas. 3rd evening sit this week on a piece of SE public. I’ve seen the same amount of snakes as deer….2! Saw a few new scrapes last night. Sunday night was the first time I’ve pulled the plug on a hunt due to bugs, just couldn’t take it anymore. Hands and neck/head took a beating. Tough to stay covered up in the warm temps. Gonna sit out the next few days and headed to the NE Friday night. Can’t wait for some cooler temps!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I’m out on my property tonight. Apparently I have a bully running around. Had a nice 8 I’ve been watching all summer show up on cell cam yesterday with half a rack! It was snapped off clean at the base and he had a big patch of fur missing at the base of his neck. Then I come home today to this! This is the second time I’ve had a 3-D target taken out by a buck, I need to start keeping a trailcam out in the fall on my target. On the walk in I see he made 3 fresh scrapes in my foodplot too. Hopefully see him tonight….
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Fawn

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I’m out on my property tonight. Apparently I have a bully running around. Had a nice 8 I’ve been watching all summer show up on cell cam yesterday with half a rack! It was snapped off clean at the base and he had a big patch of fur missing at the base of his neck. Then I come home today to this! This is the second time I’ve had a 3-D target taken out by a buck, I need to start keeping a trailcam out in the fall on my target. On the walk in I see he made 3 fresh scrapes in my foodplot too. Hopefully see him tonight….
View attachment 792023
I think I would be decoy hunting that thing , good luck

41 - 60 of 69 Posts