Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

Registered
Well, no deer this morning, just a few squirrels.

Going to pull cards on 2 old school cameras and bring in the crappy Spypoint camera that hasn't sent a picture yet....then some coffee and breakfast!

Reactions: Joe Archer

Registered
At 8:45 I had 9 bald ones being pushed by 3 little bucks go by. At 9 I seen the two shooters I'm after traveling together. I watched them for 20 mins then like all big bucks do, disappear. Hopefully I can slip out of here without being seen. Another great morning for what I've gone with this rotten weather. Temps are going to get back where they should be in the never future.

Premium Member
Well, no deer this morning, just a few squirrels.

Going to pull cards on 2 old school cameras and bring in the crappy Spypoint camera that hasn't sent a picture yet....then some coffee and breakfast!
I own 3 Spypoint鈥檚, they work great for me, contact there customer service, they walked me threw one of my cameras issues.
Flight

Registered
I own 3 Spypoint鈥檚, they work great for me, contact there customer service, they walked me threw one of my cameras issues.
Flight
I went round and round with them last year when I bought the camera...I found their customer service to be terrible.

I kept asking for a refund, but instead they sent me another camera...same results. I will download the card here shortly and see what is on it.

Meanwhile, my Tactacam just keeps working.

Registered
Skunked. I looked like Dick Traczewski sitting up there. Never seen anything like that. Don't think it contributed to the fail, though, because I had pretty decent cover and could see a long distance in most directions. By the end of it, was going to shoot the first female deer that stepped into the opening. Starting out the season itchy, literally and figuratively! I did hear some pheasants and see some turkeys and wood ducks. I've got a client lined up for this afternoon #PikePalooza so next time out in the woods looking like it will be Sat AM. Good luck to the evening shift!

Registered
Cell cams. Pulling cards is for summertime.
I don鈥檛 even own a cell camera, probably should get one to try it out, but I usually walk the property midday to look for deer sign and swap memory cards on my 6 cameras. Then I eat lunch and review the pics to see where I should be sitting. I don鈥檛 think it spooks the deer that much, but I may be wrong.

Registered
Cell cams. Pulling cards is for summertime.
I fail to see what difference it would make. Once your committed to a stand your there no matter what cell pics would be sent to you from other spots. Plus I seldom sit next to my cams. I use cams to monitor deer movement to and from my property and base stand sites based off their movemnent. If cell cams benefit you thats awesome.

Registered
I fail to see what difference it would make. Once your committed to a stand your there no matter what cell pics would be sent to you from other spots. Plus I seldom sit next to my cams. I use cams to monitor deer movement to and from my property and base stand sites based off their movemnent. If cell cams benefit you thats awesome.
Knowing you hunt every day and if we all could, cell cams probably wouldn't be so popular but one really great thing about cell cams is you can put it right in the middle of their bedroom/sanctuary in july and never go back to check it. We always used to put our cams in spots that we could check heading to a stand so we weren't off disturbing areas unnecessarily but that puts a big limit on what you can observe.

Registered
I went round and round with them last year when I bought the camera...I found their customer service to be terrible.

I kept asking for a refund, but instead they sent me another camera...same results. I will download the card here shortly and see what is on it.

Meanwhile, my Tactacam just keeps working.
Just since tacta cams aren't available ever. I tried the stealth cam fusion x. Have 4 now very clean pics and seem to work great. Was nervous as I've never liked stealth cam. But another option for those that don't want the blurrypoints I mean spypoint.

Registered
am planning on going out tonight, but am really tired of the heat, and I prolly have a 1/4 mile hike from car to stand. Then, here 3 days of rain. This may just have to wait until next week. Good luck to all

Registered
Knowing you hunt every day and if we all could, cell cams probably wouldn't be so popular but one really great thing about cell cams is you can put it right in the middle of their bedroom/sanctuary in july and never go back to check it. We always used to put our cams in spots that we could check heading to a stand so we weren't off disturbing areas unnecessarily but that puts a big limit on what you can observe.
I can see where it would be a huge benefit in a bedding area but for me that isn't needed. I know where they bed and my property is more of a destination area for them so I pretty much monitor entry and exit spots and set stands accordingly. My cams are placed where I can drive my golf cart up to them, pop the cards and go. Just my way of using cams and I get a good read on what deer are in the area and where thhey teavel.

Registered
Brother and I are both out on the farm in Washtenaw County. I'm sitting in what we call the eagles nest, a 32ft stand overlooking a now brushhoged field, 100 yards wide, 400 yards long, with big wood lots on each side. Deer traveled all the time between these woods, but unsure how they will be now with the recent cutting.

Registered
Back out for an evening sit on the plot dodging mosquitos and trying to sit still.

Does and fawns have been showing up the last few nights around 5:30 so hopefully they will again tonight. Not planning on shooting, but would like to see some in person!

73 degrees with a light breeze here in St. Clair County.

Good Luck!
Plant Sky Plant community Cloud Ecoregion

Registered
Hit post reply and looked up and these birds showed!

Plant Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Tree Grass

21 - 40 of 69 Posts