Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
be heading out soon here in montcalm co. seen 4 does yesterday morning and 3 does last last nite. no horns,good luck all!

·
Registered
533 Posts
In the stand and all set up for my first hunt of the season. I have some deer moving in the corn behind me but not light enough to see yet.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Back over the apple trees. Been here since 630. Hoping to catch a few on their way back from the bean fields. Nice morning so far

-Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
666 Posts
Checking in from the U.P., Alger county. first morning sit of the year for me. Had 2 come through before light.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Been sitting since 6:10. Nothing yet, beautiful morning non the less. Haven't killed a deer here yet in the morning, hopefully that'll change today. Good luck everybody.
St.Clair county

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Had a small 6 working a scrape in the thicket, hopefully papa buck isn't far behind.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Breezy... Was hoping it would die down as it warmed up. Heard a single gunshot (sounded like a shotgun at 7:40) probably less than a mile west. Really hoping it was a yote or other critter... No deer though just a chirping hen. Going to give it another 1.5 hrs then head in

-Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good morning so far.

First light brought a young buck at 20yds, decided he didn't like the direction he was going and turned around to go back the same direction. Had a couple sneak through about 20 min ago at 45yds. Don't know what they where, passed a big slick head at 25 broadside. Had another big slick head 60yds behind me milling around, lost track of her. I know what's been back here, just going to keep holding out!

Did I mention the wind is border line wrong for this set? Nice being up 30'!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Coffee and a **** sounds fantastic right now. Guess the apple trees are a total bust this year. Oh well be back out later...

-Sent from d_mobile

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Man the deer here have totally changed their habits. There isn't much pressure on our land but I'm wondering if they are getting pressured on the surrounding land. They have left all the major trails and now are just scattered.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts