Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
Wouldn't two bucks, both 8's or and 8 and a 9 be split up by now? Or at least sparring?
If they weren't chasing each other then I spooked the heck out of them.
They had to of crossed my driveway after passing a house with 5 kids and a nutty dog to come from the direction that they did, and come down the same path that I took to get here....smh

·
Premium Member
10,772 Posts
I had 2 in my yard under an apple tree here and they split up a couple weeks ago. The neighbors kid may have got on of them as he got a deer across the road

·
Registered
18,242 Posts
Wouldn't two bucks, both 8's or and 8 and a 9 be split up by now? Or at least sparring?
If they weren't chasing each other then I spooked the heck out of them.
They had to of crossed my driveway after passing a house with 5 kids and a nutty dog to come from the direction that they did, and come down the same path that I took to get here....smh
Remnants of bachelor groups have been watched together repeatedly well into November.
They have established a pecking order before hard antler season (preventing big blowout knockdown drag out conflicts among themselves) and do spar sometimes.
They're still crazy bucks though.....
And a good buck sneaks in behind you regardless of your plans.:lol:

·
Banned
19,364 Posts
Remnants of bachelor groups have been watched together repeatedly well into November.
They have established a pecking order before hard antler season (preventing big blowout knockdown drag out conflicts among themselves) and do spar sometimes.
They bamboozled me, they come from the direction of the closet farmer fields.

·
Premium Member
10,772 Posts
They sure do. Happened to us on the youth hunt. Don't mind saying wihen that large buck is standing 20 feet from you it kind of gives you buck fever. My grandson was shaking all over when he ran. I said it is a good thing he did not have to poop or we would have got hit. Still do not know how it got there

·
Registered
18,242 Posts
They bamboozled me, they come from the direction of the closet farmer fields.
Congrats!
You're out hunting.
(Now , about this closet farmer.... You ain't huntin by my lil plot are ya?:eek:)

Reactions: Jimbos
101 - 120 of 146 Posts