Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 41 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
Congrats on dropping the hammer shroons! 7 degrees here this morning too. Heavy frost on everything ... and dead calm. Haven’t seen a thing though..,

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got a little excited had 8 flat tops come out of the swamp of course they milled around just over the hill and out of range and made their way slowly the wrong way. But one wanderer closer so l ranged the deer at 128 so got the gun up and got the scope on it and Button buck. DANG. Oh well still fun.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Getting my work out today. She ran into an area far away from any easy vehicle access. I've dragged about 300 yards now and taking a break. Wore my harness and brought the climber but it was so incredibly loud walking back here I stopped short of where I wanted to be and just sat at the base of a big maple. I ranged from where I got first blood back to that maple, she was 113 yards when I shot. Not a bad start to 2021. Now I get to use my new digital scale I got for Christmas. She had a fawn with her but seems young/small, guessing under 100.

20210101_090417.jpg

20210101_095414.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm half heartily thinking about getting down going home so he grabbing the muzzleloader. Then make the two hour trip to some zone 3 public and find a good spot for evening. Last year I pheasant hunted the first there and jumped close to twenty deer throughout the day. I'll probably just sit tight because the storm though. There's always next year .

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
Congrats on dropping the hammer shroons! 7 degrees here this morning too. Heavy frost on everything ... and dead calm. Haven’t seen a thing though..,
I think Elaine should do a drive for you.

·
Registered
969 Posts
That's enough for me, slow going this morning. At least the Chickadees were awake, otherwise I wouldn't have had any company.

I'll be back for the afternoon only if we get snow or rain from this storm, probably not going to sit in sleet though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well yesterday was it for me at home saw a couple young 6 points so at least the gene potential is still there lol
Congrats to all that scored this season and to all those that were able to get out and hunt ! Also thanks for letting me join in even though I didn't get to actually hunt in Michigan this last season.
Hopefully next year I'll actually get to sit a stand in Lenawee county and really contribute the LFTS !
Happy 2021 y'all !

·
Registered
35,262 Posts
Congrats to all the lucky hunters out there. I’m helping my wife take down Christmas decorations this morning then heading out to truck scout for the up coming Special Hunt.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am sitting with my back to about 4 acres of pines. Have seen 7 bucks and half dozen does heading into the pines from woods. Bro is overlooking swamp and he says they are getting up and headed toward pines also. Must be they are bedding in the overhead thermal cover to wait out the crappy weather about to hit us here in Jackson Co.

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman

21 - 41 of 121 Posts