Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
The boys really piled up the does yesterday. Let's see if we can add to that today.
I'll join again. One more DMAP in-hand. I thought the farmer was going to have a heart attack when I told him I saw 30 the other night.

Good luck OGB aka. "Iron Man" and friends.

Speaking of "piling them up", last night was a first for the shed. We doubled up on the gambrels because a couple of them only weighed 60#.

20201231_191133.jpg

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I'll join again. One more DMAP in-hand. I thought the farmer was going to have a heart attack when I told him I saw 30 the other night.

Good luck OGB aka. "Iron Man" and friends.

Speaking of "piling them up", last night was a first for the shed. We doubled up on the gambrels because a couple of them only weighed 60#.

View attachment 624865
Lucky Buck Mineral pails?? Doesn't look like it was very lucky for those deer.

I haven't seen 30 deer all year so we aren't filling any of our doe tags... but we do still have a few nice bucks around so I will give it one last sit today. Good luck and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Last night had a deer train come off power line right down into our thicket 31 deer in single file line was incredible to see 7 different young bucks in the group from spikes to a small 7 point.Of course i wasn't were they were could only watch and smile hunting that thicket this am perfect wind here in nw lenawee co.Happy new year good luck everyone..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Lucky Buck Mineral pails?? Doesn't look like it was very lucky for those deer.
You always mixed yours in bulk, so probably don't realize how handy those buckets are to keep around for future use. And, none of them are bucks. :)

Happy New Year to you and E!

There were three in the field when I got here, maybe that's a good sign.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Count me in too. So close last night. Had some does out and decided on a really fat one so got the gun up and put the scope on her and her fawn stepped right in front of her. So l waited for the fawn to move and just as it did a scrub buck stopped right in front of her. Dang. Then she turned straight away and didn't give me another broadside shot. Maybe today. If not its been a great season. Good luck shoot straight.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's brisk out, I'm thanking Santa for the heated vest and hand warmers. One last sit to try and put a bit more meat in the freezer. Hoping to start the new year off with a bang (bad pun intended)! Happy New Year and good luck!

1 - 20 of 121 Posts