Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's snowing hard right now. Be heading out for our ML opener in just a bit. Good luck all.

Be careful tonight into tomorrow for those members south of me. Weather advisories up. 3-5+ inches.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cup of coffee and the warmth of the heater. Yesterday was -1* this time. It's a balmy 18 and no wind.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Alittle warmer than yesterday morning.Maybe this weather system moving in tonight will get the deer moving around today.Stay warm Have a great Hunt.

Sent from my DROIDX using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Supposed to get 4 to 5 inches tonight. I guess it's finally time for 4 wheel drive :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Northwest Livingston county. Lots of deer movement along with one good buck. Finally it's not very windy! Besides the rut this is my favorite time of year to be in a stand! Good luck

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cup of coffee and the warmth of the heater. Yesterday was -1* this time. It's a balmy 18 and no wind.

Spoke too soon. Winds picking up.

It's time!

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Decent movement here in the NELP. It's not 10*...love hunting the cold. Hope some of the bucks are still wearing antlers, but I doubt it. Snow depth is good...about 8 ". I am going to head in soon to rest up for a long pm sit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Just sat down in the stand at 10:30 to try one of these muzzleloader mid day hunts everyone keeps talking about. This will be my 2nd time out with a smoke pole, the first being last night. Nice and calm here in Bay Co. With some flurries. Thinking of sitting till 2 or 3....

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
964 Posts
Just posting for my brother - According to him they were on this move this morning. He sat in the middle of a 200 yard long, 70 yard wide strip between two of our rather large swamps. Said he saw 22 this morning but no horns.

He has our niece with him and she will be the hunter this afternoon. Hope she knocks one dead!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Just sat down in the stand at 10:30 to try one of these muzzleloader mid day hunts everyone keeps talking about. This will be my 2nd time out with a smoke pole, the first being last night. Nice and calm here in Bay Co. With some flurries. Thinking of sitting till 2 or 3....

Nothing for me during the mid day...ill be back out tues evening. Its ice fishing for me this weekend.

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
Just got settled in VB myself. Gorgeous day, about 5-6" on the ground. Gotta fill a couple more tags.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Been in the ground blind for a couple hours. Seen 2 does on the way in. Trying to fill this doe tag tonight. Haven't sat in weather this quiet in a long time. No wind and very still Tuscola County

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Just came in from tuscola county/murphy lake state landso . Seen 4 does/fawns. Most deer I've seen out there all year! :lol: They were running so something spooked them. Wasn't me so another hunter or 'yote. It was nice seeing deer within sight of my house for a change.:)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Took my dog to DTE power lines today, jumped a group of 6 deer and when I got home they were all standing in my backyard. Largest group of deer I've seen all year.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Finally got back to Antrim in our Cedar Swamp, first time since bow opener. Lots of sign in the snow and 1 or 2 bucks hanging around on the cams. Unfortunately, got setup and didn't realize I was actually upwind. No wonder I didn't see anything. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts