Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any reports out of Lexington Thinking of giving it a try this weekend

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
The wind is supposed to lay down 10/13-10/14/21. I'm thinking about giving it a try out of Lexington. Last year was the first time I tried this harbor. Hooked 3 steelies in 55-70 FOW. Can anyone give any other recommendations of where I should go?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
The wind is supposed to lay down 10/13-10/14/21. I'm thinking about giving it a try out of Lexington. Last year was the first time I tried this harbor. Hooked 3 steelies in 55-70 FOW. Can anyone give any other recommendations of where I should go?
jneef, I've got my eye on heading out of this port too so give a report please if you go out. I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks and hope for colder water. Sorry, no suggestions of where else except Sanilac but that is going to be as warm as everything else. Good luck to you though.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Port Sanilac?

66 all over the place downstream, water might be a little colder in P.S.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fished out of Lexington 10/13/21. On the water 9:00AM-6:30PM. Beautiful day.... but no action. One hit- landed at 22" walleye in 80 FOW. I was after "salmonoids". Fished spoons and flies in all water columns. Fished 50-85 FOW from 1/2 mile south of the port to 5 miles north of the port. Would mark
Water Sky Cloud Blue Liquid
a group of 1-4 fish about every 20 minutes- slow...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Fished out of Lexington 10/13/21. On the water 9:00AM-6:30PM. Beautiful day.... but no action. One hit- landed at 22" walleye in 80 FOW. I was after "salmonoids". Fished spoons and flies in all water columns. Fished 50-85 FOW from 1/2 mile south of the port to 5 miles north of the port. Would mark View attachment 792279 a group of 1-4 fish about every 20 minutes- slow...
Thank you for the report

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was out yesterday and marked a bunch of fish and bait from 50-80 ft. but couldn't get anything to bite. I decided to troll east into deeper water and try there. I didn't mark nearly as many fish, but when I hit 135 ft. I started getting bit. First fish was a laker on a 8" spindoctor/ whirly gig 5' off bottom, then quickly after that a 26" walleye on a 250 copper, blue dolphin SS spoon. At 145' I picked up a nice steelhead on a 5 color, gold Rasta goose SS spoon. It started raining pretty good right after that and the bite quit. Seems like the active fish are still out deeper. Temp break was at 55' and was very visible on the sonar. Fish hawk had the temp at 46 deg. at 55'. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Anything going at Lexington, either in the lake or in the harbor?

Reactions: mike1968

·
Registered
672 Posts
Following also
Nov 24th MIDNR fishing report below for Southeast Lower Peninsula
Lake St. Clair: Yellow perch fishing was good across the lake. Reports started to filter in from shore anglers catching perch in the canals and marinas. Anglers were also starting to see some better catches of crappie, bluegill and pumpkinseeds in these same areas. Muskie fishing was good. Shore anglers may have opportunities to catch muskie close to shore at places such as the point at Lake St. Clair Metro Park, Harley Ensign Boat Launch and the Clinton River Spillway.

St. Clair River: Excellent catches of walleye were occurring in the upper river. Anglers jigging with minnows near the Blue Water Bridge were having the most consistent success.

Lexington: Pier anglers were catching the occasional Atlantic salmon. Lots of fish were in the harbor but convincing them to bite can be difficult this time of year. Some yellow perch were also caught when using perch rigs with minnows.

Port Sanilac: Coho salmon were caught from the breakwall. Anglers were having better success when fishing the lake side of the breakwall. Casting spinners or spoons produced the best results, with some anglers also catching fish on spawn.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts