Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fishing buddy's, so I seen the Michigan DNR report, and the news is that Lexington to Port Sanilac Atlantic salmon finally came in on the piers, so my question is, we're tho? I wanna go up there and fish off the pier and try to catch me some salmon or steelhead, I just need some help from my fishing buddy on what fishing pier to go to, if there's anyone out there that can help me out I would really appreciate that. Maybe even if there's someone that would like to be my fishing buddy up there, that would be nice if anyone is up for that, I really don't know how they rank up their lines and all that over there, but I'm sure there's lots of people on here that can help,

So ya I'm also using a 11 1/2 foot steelhead pole with 8 pound test, anyways, anyone out there that can tell me were to go between Lexington to Port Sanilac please I would really appreciate that. Thanks guys the names Eric.

·
Registered
11,869 Posts
You can cast hardware off either pier... PS is more of a true pier ( Need a long handle or drop net) and Lexi has more rip rap. Havent fished there in a loooong time. So long ago we used to catch perch off it!

Dont be afraid to float some spawn under a bobber either. Used to pick up the stray brown doing that... dont see why the atlantics wouldnt hit it either. I know quite a few were caught trolling the blue water this summer... No idea how thick they would be around the pier though.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Eric 13. I was just up to tippy dam in manistee and they were just starting to come in there . This past weekend they were catching more at night on flys then during the day on jigs and spaune bags .
This is how it has been most of the year. I live what would be 2 city blocks from Lake Huron in Lexington. It was so fantastic out on my deck (10-7-16) I hooked up the boat as fast as I could to get to the launch to do some in close trolling for whatever would be willing to bite. Could not believe how the lake was rolling with that nasty south wind. After fighting heavy wave for a time, I put my 18'er back on the trailer and headed home. Wish I could have given a fish report. Maybe tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.