Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When have you guys had the best luck out of Lexington/Lakeport in the early spring ? We did good in early may in front of Lakeport st park last year but I have fished when i had to break through ice to get back to the launch. I never have done real good right after ice out, it seems like after a little warm up the fishing heats up. Could be earlier this year. I am glad to see I am not the only one chompin at the bit to hit the soft water this year.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I have done real good out of Lexington ice out to memorial day weekend some years good fishin lasts into the middle of June,then it's hit or miss on the salmon till August.

·
Registered
715 Posts
This area seems to produce fish from about the second week of april up until about the first week of may in shallow water then I always fish the price wreck up until fourth of july weekend some years the fishing at the wreck is awesome the wreck is about twelve miles N.N.E of the bluewater bridge in about 70fow there also is the wreck of the geneoa in the same area it is also good fishing there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts