Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Swamp,

Thanks for the help! This letter contains a powerful message, from a powerful voice and the more people that read it, the better.

Simply awesome!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I hunt in two different places in DMU 118 that are about 5 miles apart. There is even a difference in the bucks size between the two places. On the one we have been doing a 8 point or rule for the past 7 years, the entire section does this. . . on the other we have followed the QDM 3 on one side. This property is 1/2 mile from the border one way and 1/4 mile the other, so a lot of young bucks get shot once they cross the border, which sucks, but what can you do??

I don't know if I agree with the mandatory 4 on a side, simply because I don't think it would pass. The only buck in the past six years under an 8 I have shot is a wounded 5 point, entire front left leg useless, shot with a 223 and bullet in shoulder blade.
I have shot more does than bucks and it helps out everything. If it doesn't stay QDM, we are still going to have most of the neighbors around us practicing. . . .but I think one neighbor is going to screw us. . . .of course, he has been poaching the past few years anyway, shooting small bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts