Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
5161 - 5180 of 5203 Posts

· Darkhouse Ninja
6,033 Posts
Blizzard like conditions and schools are closed around me today and my better half is a teacher, so I headed out to my little welding shop to hide!... I really like how this one is shaping up View attachment 879226
Looking great, I actually went out to my smithy and cleaned up to get ready to forge a spear for Limbshot. First time I’m worked on a spear in a while, lol
Made some progress, got the tines cut and hot slit the boss in the shaft, I have to file alittle to even it out some.
Wood Automotive tire Gas Tints and shades Font

Wood Tool Door Metal Automotive tire

Road surface Purple Bedrock Brick Flagstone

Wood Gas Hardwood Font Wood stain

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

· Registered
510 Posts
Blizzard like conditions and schools are closed around me today and my better half is a teacher, so I headed out to my little welding shop to hide!... I really like how this one is shaping up View attachment 879226
I really love that design! Has alot of resemblance of a high sought after make!
Furniture Chair Wood Table Floor

· Registered
177 Posts
I posted some spears for sale on the , Michigan Sportsman Sell buy trade fishing goods forum if anyone is interested
I haven't seen this before, but I have thought of it. You made a spear with what looks like carp arrow tips.
Have you tried a spear like this? It just seems to me that it would be so much better.
Dull a point? Screw in a replacement!
I've seen some barbs that were barely 3/16". With the arrowheads, there's no slipping through the meat on the way up!

I'm fairly new to the game, but I just don't see the downside. Is there one?

Kitchen utensil Garden tool Tool Musical instrument Ball pen

· Registered
487 Posts
I don't see any down side at all they have amazing holding strength. 10-20 pound belly shot carp With one of these on a arrow usually don't get off until you twist the tip to reverse the barbs. These are my opinion the best fishing arrow tips out there, the fit perfectly over 5/16 4140 round steel for brazing

· Registered
9,123 Posts
Slowly getting there. Got some mail, finally opened the new shack and grabbed a couple more decoys.

Brown Wood Font Rectangle Paper

Sky Tent Tarpaulin Shade Tree

Cloud Sky Water Liquid Azure

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

5161 - 5180 of 5203 Posts