Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics or Video, I only take video my phone is clumsy to upload from and quite frankly it never leaves my desk at home. It was fine year Covid not withstanding and Fishing became my go to and social distancing activity.
My open water season started on Feb 27th in Florida before anyone was even using the word Pandemic. Hooked up with nice Atlantic Sailfish on an afternoon charter Very happy to have done that it will not be happening this year. The scoreboard ended something like this 1 SailFish, 567 Pike, 17 Musky's and 326 Bass both LM and SM. Videos are from March, July and August. so lets see'em From Gills to Musky's Bass to trout

see some of your High

Hal

Reactions: Bigbass201

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is what I have been dreaming about for years. I just had both of my kids in the last three years so I have been out fishing for about 15 minutes before I was called back to the stroller over a screaming child! Those are truly some beautiful fish! I cant wait to start yanking them out of the water this year. What is your typical setup if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
View attachment 636411 Had a great trip to Costa Rica, got home just in time for Covid to shut everything down. Kind of wish I would have been stranded there in paradise!
Was in South Florida Feb 27 just before the Covid shut down. Hook up this nice Sail, out of Biscayne Bay. came home and got into a nice Musky. on St Paddy's day.

Reactions: Stillkickin

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Mine would have to be the two big Sturgeon that I landed about a week apart while jigging for walleyes on the D-River this past Spring. The first was 65" and around 80 lbs. The second was 57" and probably around 65 lbs. I have had larger ones on and one of them even to the boat, but the first one was the biggest that I have actually brought into the boat. And yes, I do own other fishing shirts, I just happened to be wearing the same one both times. 😀

BTW, if you ever land one of these, make sure that you don't let it rub against your bare skin. They are like 100 grit sand-paper covered in slime. I had what looked like "road-rash" all over my arms and legs from that first one. It burned all night after that first one. The second one I used a towel to avoid it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine would have to be the two big Sturgeon that I landed about a week apart while jigging for walleyes on the D-River this past Spring. The first was 65" and around 80 lbs. The second was 57" and probably around 65 lbs. I have had larger ones on and one of them even to the boat, but the first one was the biggest that I have actually brought into the boat. And yes, I do own other fishing shirts, I just happened to be wearing the same one both times.

BTW, if you ever land one of these, make sure that you don't let it rub against your bare skin. They are like 100 grit sand-paper covered in slime. I had what looked like "road-rash" all over my arms and legs from that first one. It burned all night after that first one. The second one I used a towel to avoid it.
View attachment 749990

View attachment 749991
Lucky shirt!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
My son caught a 41.5" longnose gar while fishing for catfish on the Huron River back in the fall. It wasn't what we were after, but it's probably the biggest fish either one of us have ever caught relative to a normal size specimen. A Master Angler award is 32".
IMG_2426.jpg

1 - 20 of 19 Posts