Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all, I am very interested in see some other peoples fishing boats. If possible could you guys post some pics.
I am starting to get the spring itch!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
pre-makeover...which reminds me scott we need a pic of mine on da water...

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Here's mine....

She's a '91 Mon Ark Pro V Bass 1800 with a 90 Merc on it. She scoots right along too !

I can't wait for Spring either. I'm seriously bummed though. Night before last I was at Bass Pro Shop in Auburn Hills. I saw a sign that said "Select trolling motors 30% off". I went over and took a look because I'd planned on buying a new bow mount this spring anyway. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a 55 lb 48" shaft Minn Kota with Autopilot for only $448 !(Normally $660) I almost snapped it up at that point right there on the spot but had to weigh some financial issues in my mind first. I'd finally decided that it was just too good of a deal to pass on. I was getting ready to take it when I found a salesperson and asked a couple of questions about it. He answered them and then promptly said "Oh, that one is spoken for. The guy is supposed to be coming in tonight to get it". I was seriously bummed but he said if I wanted to call in the morning if it wasn't picked up that I could probably get it. So I left. I called the next morning and it was indeed gone. What really ticks me off is the fact that it was on the floor UNTAGGED ! If it was indeed "sold" it should have been pulled off the floor or at least had a sold tag put on it. :rant:

Ok rant off. ;)

Can't wait for soft water. But somehow I think it's going to be an EARLY Spring fishing season with the way the temps have been.

John

·
Registered
774 Posts
:yikes:
:yikes:

2003 Lund Pro V, duel console SE, Merc. 200 Optimax, Merc. 9.9 hp 4 stroke kicker, Minnkota Transon mounted Vector 3x, Motor guide 73 lb. bow mount TM.

Graphs: Lowrance LCX-15MT/GPS and Genetron at the dash, Humminbird paramount on the bow.

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jpollman said:
I can't wait for Spring either. I'm seriously bummed though. Night before last I was at Bass Pro Shop in Auburn Hills. I saw a sign that said "Select trolling motors 30% off". I went over and took a look because I'd planned on buying a new bow mount this spring anyway. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a 55 lb 48" shaft Minn Kota with Autopilot for only $448 !(Normally $660) I almost snapped it up at that point right there on the spot but had to weigh some financial issues in my mind first. I'd finally decided that it was just too good of a deal to pass on. I was getting ready to take it when I found a salesperson and asked a couple of questions about it. He answered them and then promptly said "Oh, that one is spoken for. The guy is supposed to be coming in tonight to get it". I was seriously bummed but he said if I wanted to call in the morning if it wasn't picked up that I could probably get it. So I left. I called the next morning and it was indeed gone. What really ticks me off is the fact that it was on the floor UNTAGGED ! If it was indeed "sold" it should have been pulled off the floor or at least had a sold tag put on it. :rant:

Ok rant off. ;)

Can't wait for soft water. But somehow I think it's going to be an EARLY Spring fishing season with the way the temps have been.

John
I would watch ebay I bought 2 maxxums off there so far for way under 50% off retail. 1 new in box (which I let go with my last boat) and one slightly used. both smokin deals.........did you really want that old display model anyway? This time of year you will find amazing deals.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
bucketmouthhauler said:
I would watch ebey I bought 2 maxums off there so far for way under 50% off retail. 1 new in box (which I let go with my last boat) and one slightly used. both smokin deals.........did you really want that old display model anyway? This time of year you will find amazing deals.
Well it was new in the box. I think it must have just been last years model. But it was brand new. I wish I had just picked it up and taken it to the checkout. It wasn't marked at all. I could have gotten it if I'd just kept my mouth shut. As far as I'm concerned, if it was sold or even being held it should have been tagged or taken off of the floor. Oh well, I'll just keep looking for a deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here's mine (ALLIE'S WAY) on one of the first trips with her after engine breakin. It's not the clearest picture because it was scanned, but it is one of my favorites of dad and I !! This was taken three years ago when the Lake Michigan brown trout fisheriy was still good!! The boat is a 2002 19' with a 2002 115 h.p. Merc. , Humming bird finder, and as of two years ago a Lorance color G.P.S. with Navonics map card, a 60 l.b. Minn Kota auto pilot with transducer option.
I am thinking this spring I will update to a color finder and trim tabs. As all of us, this is my MONEY PIT but so much fun!!!:p

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey Rodbuster, just a question because of my ignorance.

Wouldn't it be much cheaper and less evasive on the hull to go with power trim and tilt on your main engine versus trim tabs?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hey Rodbuster,

Is that picture from the public launch at portage Lake in Manistee County. Man that looks like it.

Mike

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
.... here's the "Pete & RePete". I have managed to catch a fish or two in her!!

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Fully crewed

Buisness end

·
Registered
197 Posts
Marrble Eyes said:
Hey Rodbuster, just a question because of my ignorance.

Wouldn't it be much cheaper and less evasive on the hull to go with power trim and tilt on your main engine versus trim tabs?
Marrble Eyes, my outboard does have power tilt and trim. But trim tabs are a nice thing if you have an uneven load in the boat, such as two guys on one side and only one on the other. They let you level the boat and also be able to bring the bow down at lower speeds such as in rough water where the power trim has it's limitations.

And to answer your question Mike, yes that is Portage Lake in Manistee County. But please don't tell anyone else, that's my secret spot :xzicon_sm . lol

Good luck, Steve

1 - 20 of 41 Posts