Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone able to give me an estimate of how much arrow speed I lose when going from 65% letoff to 80% letoff.

Reason I asked, is I went to Hog Wild on Thursday eve, and purchased my Christmas/Birthday present. 2003 Bowtech Exteme VFT. I have a 29" draw length and am getting 261 fps out of it at 80%. Talk about a sweet little bow, I replaced a Jennings Apex that did me well, but there is no comparison. This little bow is QUIET! Anyway, just wondering how much speed I would pick up if I went with a 65% letoff cam.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Todd,

Glad to hear your enjoying your new toy!! (seen ya at Hogwild while you were spending the wifes money).

You will probably see a 5 fps gain out of it. Personally, I would rather have the 80% than the extra 5 fps.

What is the arrow weight?

Cameron

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
You'll pick up a little..

Easy to do on that bow though with the Infinity cam. The draw stop on the cam...one turn to loosen, slide it up the cam tot he 65% and tighten...shoot it through the chrono.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think I will stick with it where it is at. I can hold that thing forever and 5 fps, isn't going to really do all that much for me.

Cameron: Which one were you? Howard was pretty busy that night. I seem to recall from other post you made that you are a member at Washtenaw. I am too. I mainly shoot the 3D league, too busy hunting for most of the rest of the leagues.

I am truly blessed when it comes to my wife. She even, literally, kicked me out of the house on Friday to shoot the bow and then do a little bird hunting. I shot the bow for 4 hours. Man is it sweet. I hope to blood it this week. I'm not used to a bow that makes less noise than the sound of the arrow hitting the target! My old Jennings got the job done, and did it well, but this new bow is AMAZING!!

Kelly: I know that I can change it using the cam, in fact, I adjusted it just a tad bit longer to get a better feeling anchor point. In order to get to 65% with the #2 Module, I would have to shorten the draw, which would probably be too short for me.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I was the short guy, brush cut hair. Nope, i am not a member at Wastenaw, but i am shooting the Wednesday night league there. Nice bunch of folks I shoot with.

maybe i will run into you again when I am down there buying my new bow. ;)

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kingfishcam said:
I was the short guy, brush cut hair. Nope, i am not a member at Wastenaw, but i am shooting the Wednesday night league there. Nice bunch of folks I shoot with.

maybe i will run into you again when I am down there buying my new bow. ;)
Good luck, I will need to be back there pretty soon to pick up a few more arrows. BTW, forgot that I am shooting a 415 gr arrow and getting 261 out of it.

Also, might want to try Washtenaw's Wed night 3D in the summer. Really gets me tuned up for the season.

·
Super Moderator
4,958 Posts
Kelly: I know that I can change it using the cam, in fact, I adjusted it just a tad bit longer to get a better feeling anchor point.
Be reaaaal carefull with that Todd. That's the only downside to the infinity cam...I found out the ahrd way on my Mighty Mite.

Check the manual for draw stop location. Any further (and it will generally go MUCH further than your supposed to take it) and you'll over rotate the cam and cut your cables in about 10 shots :eek: Watch it carefully for sting wear along the cable there.

Other than that enjoy...that;s a nice bow indeed.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kelly Johnson said:
Be reaaaal carefull with that Todd. That's the only downside to the infinity cam...I found out the ahrd way on my Mighty Mite.

Check the manual for draw stop location. Any further (and it will generally go MUCH further than your supposed to take it) and you'll over rotate the cam and cut your cables in about 10 shots :eek: Watch it carefully for sting wear along the cable there.

Other than that enjoy...that;s a nice bow indeed.
I didn't even move it a full mark. I read that in the manual. I plan to take it back to Howard next week to make sure everything settle in ok. Been shooting it almost every day. Can't wait for the 3D league this year, hoping to get a deer with it in the next 3 days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts