now lets guess bag limits
5 bird daily
3 mallards or 4 mallards
1 woodie or 2 woodies
1 blue bill or no blue bills
1 can or no cans
1 redhead or 2 redheads
1 pintail
then for the last guess will they get ride of those 2 dumb ass flyways:confused:
let the games begin--have fun

·
Registered
575 Posts
It's been worked out for the most part.

Duck 60 day/6 birds

Changes from last year include 3 woodies/day, canvasbacks closed, scaup 1 bird/day for 40 days 2 birds/day for 20 days.

These are the dates CWAC is proposing and are still not set until the NRC meets on Aug. 14.

Zone 1 (UP) Oct. 4-Dec. 2
Scaup- 2/day from Oct. 11-Oct. 30 other 40 days are 1/day

Zone 2 (NLP) Oct. 4-Nov. 30, Dec. 6-7
Scaup- 2/day from Oct. 18-Nov. 6 other 40 days are 1/day

Zone 3 (SLP) Oct. 11-Dec. 7, Jan. 3-4
Scaup- 2/day from Oct. 25-Nov.13 other 40 days are 1/day

Goose-Zones now follow same lines as duck (No more MVP/SJBP).

Early Season- Same dates as last year with 5 bird/day limit.

Regular Season 45 days 2 birds/day

Zone 1 (UP) Sept. 22-Nov. 5 2 birds /day
Zone 2 (NLP) Oct.4-Nov. 10, Nov. 27-Dec.3 2 birds/day
Zone 3 (SLP) Oct. 11-Nov. 13, Nov. 27-Dec. 7 2 birds/day

Late Season

Zone 3 Jan. 3-Feb. 1 5 birds/day

I'll have to dig for my "managed goose area" info as I don't see the paper I wrote my notes on.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
With the elimination of the MVP/SJBP goose zones, will that apply to the early season as well?

Meaning, for the northern Thumb area are we going to able to hunt the full 15 days??? That's the way I'm reading it, just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
glad to see them move the opener away from the oct1 bow opener...some of us enjoy both... i'm all for more late season action, had fun last year..

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Should know later today...I'm "babysitting" :lol: Smoke (the chair of the CWAC) at today's NRC meeting at 1:00. Actually I'm attending on behalf of the MDHA board. Should have a feel for what the commission thinks by days end. If anyone wants video of his presentation, I can YouTube it from my cell phone :evilsmile (just joshin'...wouldn't do that to old Todd...or would I now?)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Don't you guys know you're killing us here? Let's hear it already!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Sorry guys...didn't mean to leave anyone hanging, but some things came up in my day job :banghead3 and I couldn't stay for the whole afternoon, but I did attend the presentation to the NRC on the waterfowl regs. Smoke may have more info because he was staying for the entire afternoon. What I can tell you is the proposal was presented by DNR staff, and there was very little discussion. The DNR staff was in full support, including the Director. And there were only a couple minor questions from the commissioners. So I fully expect the proposal is what we got. I guess Smoke will have to chime in if he knows any more than that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts