Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This buck was killed on Thanksgiving evening in Leelanau CO. It will be the new county record typical and should easily make it into the Boone and Crockett and CBM record books according to a green score I did on it last week.

In the past, Leelanau has produced two B&C non typical bucks over 200”, but never a typical B&C buck. I knew at some point in time it was going to happen and this was a really good year for antler growth, as witnessed by some really nice bucks killed in the county.

There is a very nice article about the young man and the deer in this weeks Leelanau Enterprise due out on Thursday.

https://www.leelanaunews.com/articles/s-b-grad-bags-big-buck/

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Where is a pic of the buck? You can see it on your link without a subscription

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,998 Posts
Beautiful buck! That deer nets over 170”? Anyone got a copy of the score sheet?
Did you see the pic in post #1 ? For me, that pic adds 15+" when compared to post #3.

L & O

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I don’t see any pic in post one. From the pic in post three he looks like a main frame mid 150’s to possibly 160ish.

No matter he is a beautiful buck. I’m just curious if he was officially scored and netted over 170.

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No matter he is a beautiful buck. I’m just curious if he was officially scored and netted over 170.

Yes, it will net over 170”....easily. It has 12” G2’s, 11”G3’e, 8 and 7” G 4’s, 25” main beams, nearly 40” of mass and over 19” of spread.

That MBP photo was the first one I saw also, and it in doesn’t due the rack justice.

Im a CBM measurer although it can’t be officially measured until the end of January. I measured it, but it’s still green, so I didn’t produce an official score.

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
I don’t see any pic in post one. From the pic in post three he looks like a main frame mid 150’s to possibly 160ish.

John hit the 3 little dots in the upper right hand corner. Tap web view. It’ll take you to the sight and you can view all pics. Ohub still doesn’t allow about 50% of pics.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Real nice buck but you can never go by pictures look how much bigger it looks I post1 compared to post no.3.It just like fish pictures you can make anything look bigger with a camera.Anyways that is a hell of nice buck

·
Registered
682 Posts
Real nice buck but you can never go by pictures look how much bigger it looks I post1 compared to post no.3.It just like fish pictures you can make anything look bigger with a camera.Anyways that is a hell of nice buck
Yeah, the indoor pic looks like one of those hero fish pics......arms extended. Great buck by any measure though.

With a buck like that, it's a shame not to at least get a Euro mount done!

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
John hit the 3 little dots in the upper right hand corner. Tap web view. It’ll take you to the sight and you can view all pics. Ohub still doesn’t allow about 50% of pics.
I keep forgetting to do the web view. You have to wonder how many pics are missed because of it. I’m not sure why they don’t get that figured out so the app works properly.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
This is strictly an observation and Im sure ill get death threats for this and I really hate to be that guy, but where is the snow in that picture from the 3rd post? My bud was hunting that county opening day and they had way more than a foot of snow then. Also hes been in and out of the county working since then and there has been snow cover the entire time since then. Either way wowser he a brute!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
This is strictly an observation and Im sure ill get death threats for this and I really hate to be that guy, but where is the snow in that picture from the 3rd post? My bud was hunting that county opening day and they had way more than a foot of snow then. Also hes been in and out of the county working since then and there has been snow cover the home time. Either way wowser he a brute!
You are being that guy, at least own it... First post says it was shot shot Thanksgiving weekend, not opening day.

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is strictly an observation and Im sure ill get death threats for this and I really hate to be that guy, but where is the snow in that picture from the 3rd post? My bud was hunting that county opening day and they had way more than a foot of snow then. Also hes been in and out of the county working since then and there has been snow cover the entire time since then. Either way wowser he a brute!
I live a mile from where that deer was killed and snow was scattered on Thanksgiving with lots of bare ground. There are game camera pictures, at least one I saw shows the antlers and body for what it is....a very impressive specimen.

Surprised we haven’t heard “no Michigan license”.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yes, it will net over 170”....easily. It has 12” G2’s, 11”G3’e, 8 and 7” G 4’s, 25” main beams, nearly 40” of mass and over 19” of spread.

That MBP photo was the first one I saw also, and it in doesn’t due the rack justice.

Im a CBM measurer although it can’t be officially measured until the end of January. I measured it, but it’s still green, so I didn’t produce an official score.
Added the numbers, 170 not counting the brows. Don't see much of anything to deduct. Anyway, what a buck! He get a weight on him? Look forward to the story on Thursday.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts