Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

leaving fish on the ice

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  stinger63 
#1 ·
i hope the guy that left the 11 nice perch on the ice at SANG didn't do it intentionally. i think most people would consider 11 fat 9 inchers enough for a meal. if you are too lazy to clean 11 fish, or to walk over to another shanty and offer the fish to someone else, than do everyone else a favor and hang up the gear.

#5 ·
I agree, as I was walking off the ice on Sun a couple of guys stopped me to ask how I did, when I told them I had got four they said they only ended up with one and asked me if I wanted it. It turned out to be a nice 12"er and turned my four into a nice meal for two people which my girlfriend and I enjoyed as soon as I got home.
Leaving fish on the ice is a darn shame!

#6 ·
That pisses me off, but I'm sure that instance was an accident. Hell I shag off the back of a snowmobile heading in and out with about 8- 10 other guys looking like yahoos and I'm suprised we're not short people when we stop!! I'm sure someone's crying looking at their fillet knife over those fish. The missing eyes could be those seagulls.

#8 ·
Well... if I found 11 perch on the ice and they looked like they were still good and it wouldnt put me over the limit, I would take them home with me and ever so nicely fry them up for the table. I only take what I will clean and eat... It would be nice if others observed the same policy. 11 fish would be a good day for me, heck I will keep and clean any amount 4 fish or more, any thing less gets kept alive and let go before I leave if I havent caught enough fish to make a mess.

#9 ·
i probably should have mentioned that the fish had been there a while and were not fit to clean. the gulls had been picking at them it appeared. my buddy and i only had 30 fish between us so i would've gladly added them to the bucket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.