Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you all. my food plot had a lot of deer activity in it. now that all the leaves have fallen my plot is covered and seems deer activity decreased? at least according to my cameras if they are working properly. will deer still hit the plots even if leaf covered. or should i rake the leaves.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Question for you all. my food plot had a lot of deer activity in it. now that all the leaves have fallen my plot is covered and seems deer activity decreased? at least according to my cameras if they are working properly. will deer still hit the plots even if leaf covered. or should i rake the leaves.
I usually rake or use a blower and clean mine out.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
I used to, when I had food plots, leaf blow them when I would leaf blow my access trails. Leaf blowers are a common thing where I hunt so the deer don't think too much about it

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I think it is best to blow them out if you can ryan01. Leaves will "smother" your forage. If you can remove them after leaf fall you can keep from having to replant perennials every year.

Before...

IMG_3236.jpg

After....

IMG_3247.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts