Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 60-gallon aluminum fuel tank in my boat that started leaking. I am emptying the fuel and going to remove it from the boat. Does anyone know of a welding service that can fix it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 60-gallon aluminum fuel tank in my boat that started leaking. I am emptying the fuel and going to remove it from the boat. Does anyone know of a welding service that can fix it?
BOOM!!! ALL Kidding aside, drained, dried and an inert gas introduced it's doable. Exhaust from car will work for inert gas. Only let someone who has done this work on it. Things can get out of hand quickly....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The radiator shop did mine.
I found Ray's Radiator, They say they repair tanks regularly. Quick turn around and close. I priced new ones and it can be over a grand, I want to stay with aluminum because I use Kroger points and ethanol and "plastic" tanks ain't good. Thanks for all of your advice and help. Like Red Green says "we are all in this together" "keep yer stick on the ice".

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I found Ray's Radiator, They say they repair tanks regularly. Quick turn around and close. I priced new ones and it can be over a grand, I want to stay with aluminum because I use Kroger points and ethanol and "plastic" tanks ain't good. Thanks for all of your advice and help. Like Red Green says "we are all in this together" "keep yer stick on the ice".
my gas cans are plastic??!!?? They don't leak after 30years so the ethonal thing is bogus as far as I'm concerned

1 - 19 of 19 Posts