Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what else is there to call guys that follow hunters to spots to find where their hunting then to act like they are part of the group and ask permission as part of the original group

Get to a farm that we been letting birds build up in to find some one else has already been there kind of sucks ass . Long story short we picked their trash up( I hate that more then any thing ) so I go to the farm and ask the farmer have you given permission to anyone else to hunt he said no just your crew, I said well someone hunted it and he went on to say there was one guy that was there and he said he was part of our group and was with us :rant: told him if he was with us he would only show up with us. well the farmer is pissed and we hope he shows back up now . he burned a field with 300 plus birds in it just makes me sick there are people who do this , what balls they must have . Any one else been running into this garbage ?
we think it some one that seen us there so they knew what vehicles we drove and that's how he played it off .

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Bird hoarder lol Yes they're everywhere...Sounds to me like you got group permission for you and your pals? Which is the worst permission to get...Sole permission ensures the farmer that unless you're out there nobody else should be. So if he doesn't see you then boom they'er gone, what this has now done is create a headache for the farmer.

·
Registered
11,636 Posts
Bird hoarder lol Yes they're everywhere...Sounds to me like you got group permission for you and your pals? Which is the worst permission to get...Sole permission ensures the farmer that unless you're out there nobody else should be. So if he doesn't see you then boom they'er gone, what this has now done is create a headache for the farmer.
yep, fastest way to ruin a permission is create drama for the farmer.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Can you imagine being the landowner and so many knocking on your door? Then issues like this arise. I'm surprised many give permission to anyone, you know?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally understand what you are saying with the group permission only thing we don't have group permission I have sole permission to be there with my two sons which he knows and have permission to take our invited guest with us . This jack wagon played it off as he was there to meet us . I think after today he knows that no one else will ever just meet us there .

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, fastest way to ruin a permission is create drama for the farmer.
100% agree but I had to bring it to his attention so if this guy shows back up he knows it isn't me or anyone with me plus I wanted to make sure it wasn't someone else with permission which it wasn't

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I totally understand what you are saying with the group permission only thing we don't have group permission I have sole permission to be there with my two sons which he knows and have permission to take our invited guest with us . This jack wagon played it off as he was there to meet us . I think after today he knows that no one else will ever just meet us there .
Tell the farmer unless you see my vehicle, they're not suppose to be there. This means telling your buds to meet you at the gas station and following you..Make it easy for the farmer, plan of action, dont make him think, because his thoughts will be screw this

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell the farmer unless you see my vehicle, they're not suppose to be there. This means telling your buds to meet you at the gas station and following you..Make it easy for the farmer, plan of action, dont make him think, because his thoughts will be screw this
yup fixed that as well and his son is part owner of the farm he called him and let him know also .

I can not imagine going some place and hunt where I know some one else has wrapped up the permission , are the birds that important any more guess not to me cause I wont do it

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
yup fixed that as well and his son is part owner of the farm he called him and let him know also .

I can not imagine going some place and hunt where I know some one else has wrapped up the permission , are the birds that important any more guess not to me cause I wont do it
When someone knows people are hoarding birds they will do crazy things.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lol love the term ''hoarder'' not my fault they like fresh cut corn and I just havnt felt the need to hunt it until today damn should of listened to my boy and hunted it Sunday shh I wont admit I said that :lol:

this leads me to another thought on permission cause while out there this morning I thought well what if its just some one they have let hunt here in the past and they just thought hell its ok to hunt there they let us do it 4 years ago (not the case this time) I know a few people that are like this and the believe permission is long standing I feel its per season and it should be asked before each season am I wrong ?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
lol love the term ''hoarder'' not my fault they like fresh cut corn and I just havnt felt the need to hunt it until today damn should of listened to my boy and hunted it Sunday shh I wont admit I said that :lol:
When you only need 2 birds per guy, you can do that in one decent volley..Then put a couple decoys in the field and leave, let it build up again. If you shoot good you shouldnt be educating all 300..At 100 you should be good

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you only need 2 birds per guy, you can do that in one decent volley..Then put a couple decoys in the field and leave, let it build up again. If you shoot good you shouldnt be educating all 300..At 100 you should be good
agree but it wasn't just geese and I think that was the knife that I felt stab me the worse

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Would love to see a field in MI with 300 ducks in it..Let alone 100 from Z2-Z3 right now..
o they are around , same farm had a wheat field we were in for geese had sheet water on it talk about a show had a sweet hunt line up for the kids youth hunt in three days it dried and all the birds moved on mind you this was September kids were bummed for sure and there was any where from 75 to hundred that we could see obviously cant put exact numbers on such thing but it happens and what we thought to be just mallards

·
Registered
347 Posts
Every year I come on here and there someone on here crying about another hunter . He's hunting around my stand thats on state land ! :gaga: I don't want hear about someone camera got stolen on state land or tree stand !:gaga:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Every year I come on here and there someone on here crying about another hunter . He's hunting around my stand thats on state land ! :gaga: I don't want hear about someone camera got stolen on state land or tree stand !:gaga:
huh

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Umm this isn't even relative..Private land, please read OP

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I guess that I have it easy. My trailer has my phone number plastered all over it and I hand out business cards to landowners where I get permission.

I tell them, (at least for geese) that they will see my trailer but feel free to call to confirm.

Last Saturday, I had to go down to the Joe to watch the Wings win so what I did is left the trailer hooked up to my truck and my crew came and borrowed the whole rig to hunt.

That was easy.

Only trouble was, they forgot to shut the water off on my frost free after they cleaned all the birds.:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts