Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
26,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The outing was today---excellent attendance. Will try to remember all those I can. Any other report in.

Me
Patchroo
Shoeman
Chromium
Polarbear
Ypsifly
I'llbeoutside
Fasteight
Wickedcarpenter
Slowpoke
Trailfinder
Mike H.
Fost
Big Dave
My buddy(Team sonfish)
Big Bob
Mudpuppy
Neal
Ed Michrina
Gone Fishing and Paul
Hotwired
Stelmon
Jnpcook
Ibthetrout
The guy I towed out(can't remember his name)
Rkowal1250
Gillgetter
Al D.
Bounty Hunter
Dead Bird
Seaweed
Hunt4ever

Got to be more but my mind is blank right now. Add your name if I missed you.

Had a great time meeting you all. I only caught 3 and that was before 8:30.

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
What a cool event....I took the kid next door, but we got out late (Long story). The kid did manage to land his first ice fish, which was a hog, the another smaller one.

Couldn't really put a meal together, until "Gone Fishing" and his son donated another 4 to us.....thanks alot guys.

I would also like to thank Illbeoutside (Travis) and Scott for all their help getting set up..

Great seeing some old friends and meeting some new.

BTW- Don't believe the bucket story.

Neal

·
Administrator
26,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fasteight caught a 16 incher, but by the time I got over there it shrank to about 13.25". LOL Nice fish tho.

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
that is why I hate pulling anything out in the cold....:eek: :D :)

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I was wetting line before sunrise, and left after sunset.

Met up with Brian S. who parked right next to me, and with his GPS We were out to a hot spot and hooking fish before most folks arrived.

Fished for a while with Fast Eight and Drunken...I mean Wicked Carpenter:) , and Trailfnder. F8 laid some pigs on the ice, nice job.

Then I met up with Shoeman, Chromium, Kingfisher2, Polar Bear, Higher Powered, and Duck Man. Polar Bear towed us south of the pack, where we found a few fish but had fun none the less. Higher Powered caught a cell phone....but I'll let someone else tell that story.lol

Big thanks to Kingfisher for letting me fish in his shanty. I wouldn't have lasted as long out in that wind. Another round of thanks to Polar Bear for towing us out and back in at the end of the day.

I landed three nice Perch, with the biggest at 13". That is my personal best. The other two were 12" and 9", plus Kingfisher gave me his three fish, thanks again Marc.

Sounds like I missed some good eats, but I thought there was better fishing south of the pack. Next time I'll follow the food!

It was good to see some familliar faces, and meet some new ones.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
maybe now we are sorry we didnt come by and say hi. but after i saw a bucket full of jumbo's (limit) the day before, i had to try to find them. i only got 1 fish all day. we were moving on the ice at 5:30 am and didnt get off til 7pm. long day for one perch!:p oh well.

i had my snowmobile trailer connected to my sled and had everyones gear on it. kingfisher2, shoeman, chromium, higherpowered, duckman, ypsifly and mine. it must have been something to see. the sled didnt steer well or i would have driven by to give you guys a good laugh. for the snowmobile/trailer deal worked good. :D it only came off once. but that was rider error. they didnt balance themselves on the trailer well enough.:p :D

see ya wed! pb

·
Registered
833 Posts
Walleye Mike
I am the guy you towed out and once again I would like to tell you how much I appreciated it. I had a great time out there with my brother who came along for only his second time ever ice fishing. He managed to land his first ever fish while doing it too. We ended up with 4 between the two of us, the biggest 13" that I caught on a tip-up no less! It was nice to meet a lot of the guys from the site and hope to see more of you guys at some other outings.
Thanks again to everyone for a great time!
Jim

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was out there... I was the guy in the 2 man trap... I put 6 in the box. All at dawn... Chartruse forage minnow seemed to work the best... had a blast... Hope we can do it again soon...

·
Super Moderator
20,201 Posts
Sure was nice to see everyone. Once the winds kicked up and the fishing slowed from a crawl to a stop, John and I called it a day.

Hope to see a few of you on the Sagnasty this coming Sunday. An outing with Scott, Dale and the rest of the Tri-City boys is sure to be fun. Don't miss it. We'll be the ones rolling on the ice in laughter. :D

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57624

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I'd like to thank bounty hunter and walleye mike for the ride to and from the launch. I got skunked (and no I was not drinking)! Great to meet you guys and some that I met at the pheasant outing, not that the "neferious cockbird" jumper remembers me! I have a few pictures I'll post tonight when I get home. For those that missed the food.....your loss! I'd like to know who the chili master was that made the venison chili, it was excellent (can't remember your name). Pass on that recipe man! It was a good time whether you were catching fish or not. MS members were definitely out in force.

"It's not about the fish, it's all about the fishing!"

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Originally posted by WALLEYE MIKE
The outing was today---excellent attendance. Will try to remember all those I can. Any other report in.

Me
Patchroo
Shoeman
Chromium
Polarbear
Ypsifly
I'llbeoutside
Fasteight
Wickedcarpenter
Slowpoke
Trailfinder
Mike H.
Fost
Big Dave
My buddy(Team sonfish)
Big Bob
Mudpuppy
Neal
Ed Michrina
Gone Fishing and Paul
Hotwired
Stelmon
Jnpcook
Ibthetrout
The guy I towed out(can't remember his name)
Rkowal1250
Gillgetter
Al D.
Bounty Hunter
Dead Bird
Seaweed
Hunt4ever

Got to be more but my mind is blank right now. Add your name if I missed you.

Had a great time meeting you all. I only caught 3 and that was before 8:30.
Well I was there in spirit, wife wasn't feeling well and my snowmobile never came back from Oscoda, my buddies fishing Van Ettan lake were doing so well they decided to stay up till Tues. Anyhow glad to see you guys had a great outing! Me and Jumbo did fish Sun. afternoon from 2-5:30pm near the 10 mile coast guard and ended up with 20-25 jumbos each. All fish on spoons with beads. Gonna try to get back out after work this week. Take Care~~~~~~~~~><> AL

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was out there with my dad. We didn't start fishing until 2 or so. I wasn't a good boy Sat night. We fished about straight out from Crocker. Seen a lot of fish but they weren't very aggressive. Got 2 - both 12 inchers. Seen a HUGE musky swim through both our holes about 5 ft down. That was worth the long trip in itself. Brought the snowmachine but was worried about my slides with no snow so we just drove out in the truck as we seen many of them out there. Good ice. Might try it again as the quanity wasn't great but the quality was fantastic. Had 2 guys sit on my trailer hitching a ride on the way in and they said they had 35 or so between them. Sounds like they did pretty good compared with the rest of us. Thanks for all the info - also if anybody finds a Motorola in 12 ft of water, it's mine!!

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Great time, It was good putting a few more faces to names on the site. The food was excellent. I'llbeoutside made some soup that was superb. I ended up with 18 nice perch and lost 5 when my shanty blew over and they swam away. Great time, long day and what a wind storm at the end of the day!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
well made it to genos but it was late. went out anyways and caught my first LSC jumbo. had my son and cuz with me. boy it was windy out there. had the shanty tied off on the sled. would have stayed longer but we were the last car at genos lot so we left.

I will be back on that ice very soon. we marked alot of fish.

The one I caught was in a school that was being pushed by the crowd leaving the ice. had alot of fun anyways. next time I hope to meet everyone.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
My truck is acting up and I couldnt trust it all the way there so I didnt make it. It was pretty windy here so I know it was windy there.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
was really good meetin up with some of you guys today, met a few new people and had a great time.. wickedcarpenter, thanks for the use of the shanty and lantern.. that perch i got was 14 1/4" according to craftsman :cool: the food was one of the highlights of the day, i ate better out there in the cold and wind then i do at home, I'llbeoutside, GREAT stew man, roger(with wickedcarpenter) excellent venison chili.. AND THE SHRIMP, thanks to the one who brought those too... man, i am attendin all the outtins... :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I brought my son and his buddy down with me. We ended up with 6 all at daybreak. The biggest one was 12". These were the biggest Perch that I've ever caught. I will be back! Mike H and his brother hauled our butts on and off the ice. THANKS GUYS! Don't think you know how much we appreciated that! The fish shut down pretty early. MY GOD, there were a lot of people out there! Lots of comotion on the ice! The eats were great, thanks to all who brought them. Once the wind kicked up we took off. I'll never forget that guy in the Ford Aerostar, sitting in the van and fishing through the hole he cut in the floorboard :eek: . I only took one picture, that was of Jims 13"er he got on the tipup. I'll try to get it up later. It was great to finally meet you guys. We'll have to do it again!...........Patch

1 - 20 of 29 Posts