Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided to buy one this year. Does Gander Mtn carry these? I haven't even looked at augers there this year. Im guessing its going to cost $75-80, am I close. If gander Mtn doesnt carry these, which im sure they do, who else would have them? Already have the gas auger, its just a bear to haul out when by yourself, and I hate the spud!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks Brian

·
Registered
833 Posts
might be selling ours after Xmas...only used last season....

·
Registered
993 Posts
I know Dicks has them, as well as Bass Pro...didnt check Gander. I beleive they are 69.00-79.00...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Bass pro is out of Strikemaster 6in Lazers. They had 4,5, and 8 inchers Thursday

5 in 76.00
8 in 79.00

Had the 6in listed at 64.oo but were out and did not know when they would be getting anymore:bash:

Thet do have the 6in Mora but I wouldn't waste my money on it. Get the Lazer

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was in Dick's sporting goods on thursday Dec. 15 on lake lansing road in lansing and the 6" hand augers were $39.99. 8" were $49.99.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Dave200516 said:
I was in Dick's sporting goods on thursday Dec. 15 on lake lansing road in lansing and the 6" hand augers were $39.99. 8" were $49.99.
Hope this helps.
Do you know if those prices were for the Lazer, or the Mora?

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Check the newspaper for coupons for sports Authority...they had some earlier this week....so much off if you spend so much...last year got a 6 in for around 50.00 with savings!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Im headed to Gander mtn tomorrow. They have them in stock for 74.99 plus tax. LoL Im down grading from my gas auger and I feel good!:evil:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
bought one for same price at dicks today.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
a six takes twice as much effort as a four...if you are after panfish like i am buy the four it cuts about 3/4 inch per turn...the raius squared on a four is 4 and the radius squared on a six is 9...so a four only cuts 4/9ths of the ice a six does. plus a panfish cannot escape at the hole with the four...no room for him to turn around he just swims right up onto the ice.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Change of plans. I just called Blue Water bait and tackle in FairHaven, They have them for 71.99.....:)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Does anyone know if the Cabela's store in Dundee stocks the hand operated Lazer? (The old Mora's gotta go!!) They're not in the catalog or on the website. I'm looking for a five or six inch model. I'm shopping Cabela's because of a Christmas giftcard and the $20.00 off card that came in the mail today. If not available, I may go with the Nils Master. Any comments on those?

Thanks,
Butch

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
.... there was a thread about Best Hand Operated Ice Augers going a couple weeks ago. I gave the Nils Master 2 thumbs up!!

Best Hand Operated Ice Augers

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks, Don P. I think I'll be going with the 6"Nils Master.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've saw a lot more posts about lazers than this nils master.. The 6" Lazer I got is pretty fast.. You can only turn it so fast. I don't think it can get much faster than the lazer.

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
BIG "D" said:
Bass pro is out of Strikemaster 6in Lazers. They had 4,5, and 8 inchers Thursday

5 in 76.00
8 in 79.00

Had the 6in listed at 64.oo but were out and did not know when they would be getting anymore:bash:

Thet do have the 6in Mora but I wouldn't waste my money on it. Get the Lazer
Get the 8 inch it will still cut great through the ice and realy not harder than a 6".For a few bucks more it just makes more sense.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts