Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys since i have been out here in CO i have found several good places where a layout boat would work wonders and NO ONE that i have seen hunts with them! its just weird because it is too obvious that it would work awesome! I know as soon as i use one everyone else will see how well it works and want one but i figure if i get to it 1st ill have at least the 1 year or first few months of smacking the ducks before they catch on!

so before next year i need to get a layout boat... and i cant brake the bank! i probably wont be buying it until next spring or next summer because i dont have a whole ton of funds right now.. but was wondering what you guys suggest!

the size of the lakes i would be using them on are about the same size as like cadillac and mitchell...

thanks for any adivce!

·
Registered
493 Posts
You'll get lots of personal preferenes here on that one. If at all possible try to lay in a few b/f you make your choice to ensure the right fit! "Mighty Layout Boys" make a good boat and have a few different models to choose from but there are other good ones as well.

Happy shopping! :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
One cheap way, get one of those plastic bass boats, you know the little 8' deals, cover it in cedar, lay back, shoot ducks. It works here but would be better out there where they haven't seen as many open water rigs. you can get those pretty cheap used on craigslist or ebay.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Might Layout Boys "Supermag" is what I have been running for the last 3 seasons. The boat rides the rough water well, low profile, has alot of foot room, very comfortable to lay in and pretty light where one person can pull it into the tender boat by them selves. They also make a cover for the boat where it can be grassed up for those marsh areas.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Spray sheild as an accessory?? Must be some wicked chop out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
red anchor rope....gotta try that.
I use red anchor rope on my layout ! All I had when the last minute decision was made to take the layout this year. We shot a few buffies.......... oh, wait a second, that does not mean much, does it.... :D

I think the best way to kill birds right now is to dress up without camo on, a bright shiney boat and a fishing pole in one hand, a shotgun covered up ready !

The birds are smart to the camo rigs !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts