Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My homemade layout has a canvas splash guard (bay grey). We've had great success with the boat over the years.. but it seems to be that time to change it do to leaking around the seems. I wanted to buy some clear material for the splash guard.

Do not know what material can withstand the punishment of three foot choppers haha any ideas?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Any shop that makes the curtain surrounds for bimini tops for boats should be able to fix ya' right up.

If it were me...I would get the plastic...but then paint it the same color as the boat. Never have understood the draw to clear spray shields. Sun reflects off of them at the right angle.

I know..I know...water reflects sunlight too...but I'm sorta simple.

lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
I see you remembered your passwrod finally haha.........good to have you back on the site........Get that layout fixed up so we can go chase some Cans this weekend!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Most new models have the clear plastic guards I could imagine they would give off glare. Ill try the local boat dealer aswell..

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want to know the draw to the clear, place two layouts side by side (1 with clear and 1 with canvas) with the spray shields up and move your boat 100 - 150 yrds downwind and let me know what you think about the profile difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts