Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a chance to pick up a Kalash layout boat.....what is a fair price for one?....Thanks......Mack

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Well I know a new one goes for $1300.00. Depending on the condition, saying it's in good condition would say it's worth $800.00.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well I know a new one goes for $1300.00. Depending on the condition, saying it's in good condition would say it's worth $800.00.
:yeahthat: Any where from $500.00 - $800.00 max depending on Condition the boat is in.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He wants $500, but haven't seen it yet......so if its in good shape I'm on it like white on rice........Thanks...guys.....any areas that these boats crack at....so I know what to look for?..........Also gonna be looking to guys to get out with....if anyone has a buddy thats getting out of it, or can't go during the week......Mack

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mainly look at the nose of the boat & the sides, see if there is any big chunks of glass missing or any major cracks. They are good boats , but they are on the heavy side compared to the newer boats. i hunt out of a 1 man K-lash most of the time and love that little boat. Very stable in the water but maybe a bit tight for the bigger guys.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I've got a 1 man Kalash for sale on Craigslist right now, in mint condition, for $650.00. Freshly painted in Kush Fall Water, new coaming canvas and cockpit cover.

If your deal falls through, look mine up.

Happy Hunting

·
Registered
215 Posts
I picked up a 1 man early last spring for $400. It is an older boat and needed a bit for work. I probably have $100 to $150 in fixing it up and getting it useable for this year.

I'd say a good used boat not in need of repairs is probably worth $600 to $800.

What Madduck said about a tight fit is worth looking at as well. I was ok with the foot room but it is a tight fit for my shoulders to pop out. I may yet cut the opengin a bit wider in this area before the season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts