Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a crazy squirrel problem in my backyard. They moved into my giant Oak and i dont want them there. Is it legal for me to trap them and just relocate them to Hines park or something. I live in Westland, MI. I have done it in the past, but with my new nosy neighbors, i want to know the how good i have to hide the trap, i mean the law:p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, she has actually caught one once and broke its front leg, i ended up just killing that one, but since, i have been trapping them and releasing them in hines park. My dog loses control when she sees them, and will try climbing the tree, she hasnt learned that dogs dont climb trees and she keeps cutting up her feet. so that is my main reason for getting rid of them.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
No, you are not allowed to relocate animals.

And even if you did.....you'd have more squirrels moving in, in short order.

·
Registered
807 Posts
May I suggest pan fry in an iron skillet; remove squirrel and make gravy with the dripp'ins; put squirrel back into pan cover with tin foil and bake for about an hour at 350.;)

By the way small game is not high in cholestrol unless ya cook it in bacon grease.lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
I doubt most people are too concerned with the cholesterol content of squirrel, but suprisingly it is very high according to the American Heart Association. 1lb of squirrel meat is over 120% of your daily recommended value.

·
Registered
138 Posts
go to meijer's online.They are selling a ruger pellet gun that shoots a 1000 fps for $88.88.That will cure the problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts