Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago, in the 80's, we used to launch at the Marina on the north side of the Raisin river, where the bar/saloon was. Can you still launch there? I believe there was a launch site on the other side of the river too, but as I remember, it wasn't in the greatest shape back then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The public launch is in better shape on the other side we launch there alot. I think the other launch is used for the inside storage marina and has no public access.

·
Registered
156 Posts
We launched at this public launch on the River Raisin-- i think it's on Front Street exit of I-75. Nice launch but watch out for the resident hobo population that might break into your truck while you are. Seen a lady tramp there asking for money in exchange for....it wasn't crawler harnesses she was selling

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Pretty easy for someone to break in your shat there. Heard of trailers coiming up missing there too. You can launch down at River raisin marina Down by the old ford plant on east elm but they are kinda steep on the launch fee.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
That area is full of northern pike.....I discovered 2 years ago just casting near that people bridge. I was using buzz bait for bass but pike were plentiful. I talked with a young man that said hes there daily for lunch and was using a twister tail on light jig head.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i live down here in monroe just west of ssp. i personally do not launch at the ramp on the river raisin. ive heard of to many things come up missing from that launch. your better off at ssp or bolles harbor.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
20,199 Posts
River Raisin Marina is safe, although expensive like mentioned above. 15 a day. Personally I can't see the benefits with the recreational passport at 10 for the year. yes there are times like during Memorial weekend when the lines to Sterling were down on Dixie. I do believe most of the traffic was do to picnics and beach goers without a passport, clogging the line waiting to pay, although there is a by-pass for passport holders.

I guess it all depends on what your time is worth. I drive down to Sterling almost daily around 6am and only see a handful of boats. Get there prior, or wait in line. Bolles was like that in the 80's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts