Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy lives down in sterling heights and just got a boat that would be PERFECT for the river this spring.. I'd like to talk him into going on the DR for some walleye come ice out but not sure where to launch or anything.. Anyone have any launch locations that would be a good starting place for a couple of rookies? Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Reid Ramps Detroit or St. Gene ramp $10 to launch. The docks are in terable shape but its the closest ramp to Sterling Heights. I personaly live in Sterling Heights too and take the trip to Dr. H. Belanger Park River Rouge which also is $10 and has 1 dock. It puts you mid river. There 2 more ramps in between but you really need to know what your getting into at those ramps.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Your best bet in the early spring is to launch at the Wyandotte municiple ramp. It's a little farther but in the early spring it puts you in the middle of the action. I travel from Shelby Township there all the time (~1 hour) The docks are nice and most of the time you don't have go that far to find fish. Also, know where you are fishing relative to the US/Canadian border if you don't get an Ontario license!! It's a hefty fine.

Marty

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
early season launch out of the wyandotte municpal ramp as mentioned above. You can fish right off mud island and do well and shoot up to the steel mill also. After the fish move up river a bit I'd look into launching at St. Jeans. Safest ramp in the area and also puts you right by great fishing spots.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts