Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Latest on the nets

19131 Views 324 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  Ralph Smith
The DNR admits they are powerless to address any netting issues....
Font Parallel Screenshot Document Publication
See less See more
Reactions: 4
1 - 20 of 325 Posts
Isn't this considered wanton waste of a natural resource? I don't know maybe there using it for cat food.
Isn't this considered wanton waste of a natural resource? I don't know maybe there using it for cat food.
I do not believe Michigan has that law in their books
And they can't keep walleye
Reactions: 2
The DNR admits they are powerless to address any netting issues.... View attachment 897242
Thanks for the info Mr Fysch. I was out of the pine yesterday and between my ride out and back in counted 6 nets in the area.
Reactions: 3
The DNR admits they are powerless to address any netting issues.... View attachment 897242
accept…. very scholarly bunch, that dnr.
Reactions: 5
Thanks Ron.
Reactions: 1
Par for the course! So sad. Thank you Mr. Fysch!!
As has been pointed out a few times in these threads, there is one Senator from the UP that blocked the well supported bipartisan legislation that would have given the DNR the ability to do something. Keep voting in slimeballs, and this is what you are going to get. It isn't rocket science.
Keep voting in slimeballs, and this is what you are going to get. It isn't rocket science.
Thanks for reposting Ron!
Reactions: 2
I knew this and it's nothing new, even if most don't realize it. That's why I made my original post on it, not to stir the **** pot. It's time for these guys to clean up their act. Start respecting the resource they are profiting from.
Wow! After reading this response I don’t know whether to be sad or angry. It’s frustrating to see this amount of fish that will be wasted. But when an angler goes over his or hers limit they fine you by the inches. Even if these so called “fishermen” were found guilty of something they get a measly $100 fine. I don’t know where America is going right now but “WE” need to make better choices and decisions that will help protect the things we have. Seems Politics is ruling everything whether it be right or wrong! Well I’m done ranting for now! Please pray for America!!!!!!
I knew this and it's nothing new, even if most don't realize it. That's why I made my original post on it, not to stir the **** pot. It's time for these guys to clean up their act. Start respecting the resource they are profiting from.
Glad your able to express the Reality! Others cant accept it when when I say it. Thanks.
So what’s the law on soak time? Absolutely can’t imagine this wasnt a violation.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
I’m sure their spokesman will be along shortly to tell us how we got it all wrong. Where ya at Gordy?
Is the DNR also powerless in tampering with a net? Asking for a friend.
Unfortunately no. You would be ticketed & fined.
Eventually, they can intervene IF it is considered abandoned gear. Prior going to jail via the conviction in the Bays de Noc subsistence fishing case, Jensens set a gillnet off Pte. Aux Barques. They were reqquested to remove it by Soo tribal enforcement personnel, since they lacked the "resources" to do the job themsleves.
Just like I thought.
Thank you for the update.

I wonder if the lynch mob is passing around the paper towels?

Hopefully a few will see where to put their energies.
As a teenager back in the 80's & netting just started up in the Straits area, I remember my dad telling one of his friends that he heard of locals weighting down big logs and "accidently" dragging them thru the nets. They played dirty back in the day....
Just a History lesson.
1 - 20 of 325 Posts