Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 1289 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,261 ·
Just got done cleaning the crappie. I know it has been warmer earlier than normal but many of the crappies I cleaned had spawn and VERY well developed like they were ready to spawn now... As of a week ago ther were no crappies even staging close to the spawning grounds and 2 days ago there was only one that we caught.... Now they are all over. I hope we dont get a cold spell and wreck the year class....

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,265 ·
Sure is!!! I am not an ice fisherman...main cause I am horrible at it ... so I wait all winter for this!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,269 ·
Right!! Even the crappies have slowed and moved to deeper water! That should all change soon!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,271 ·
You arent kidding!! The water temp seems were in the mid 50's in mid March and still close to that now in Mid May!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,275 ·
I cant wait to hear!!!! Thing should really start to break loose with this warm weather!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Walleye fished first 2.5 hours produced nothing to come home with. Last 2.5 hours kept 20 between two of us on “option B”. Water temp 62 and bullies just starting to look at shallow. All fish today were caught in less than 4 fow. Next weekend should be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
343 Posts
Boat is hooked up, Minnows, waxies, crawlers, leaf worms and plastics packed.. gonna throw everything at em starting at first light!
What a great day. Launched the boat at 5:45 am. Specs were on fire for the first couple of hours in 12 FOW. Gold Tru Turn with a minnow under a slip bobber was the ticket. Moved to Gills later in the morning.. 8 FOW with leaf worms. It was dead calm and the water was very clear... we sight fished for several of the specs. That was a blast
5.14 sunrise.jpg
specs and gills 5.14.jpeg

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Got out today Barry Co . lake ,
Water temp was 66 - 68 , fish on the beds , went to different spots
I took 13 gills ( 1lb ) 7" - 8" I tried plastic
Buddy took 18 same size fish
Sorry no pics

Sent from my SM-T500 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Reactions: TK81