Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1289 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,109 Posts
Great fish. Wife and I went to town this morning and came home around noon so we stopped and got food and went to a lake on state ground to eat. The lake was covered with geese on one end. If front of where we were sitting gills or specks were tearing up the bugs on top of the water. No fish pole with me

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
I went out this afternoon too. Kicked back in the boat barefoot with shorts on just felt right today! They were tucked up tight to the brush in very skinny water. Took me a bit to find em. Micro red jig head with a waxworm was the ticket. Got maybe 25 but just took enough home for tonights meal. Ok it can cool back down now! Back to deer huntin! Looking forward to some good ice this winter. I certainly hope so anyways!

20201108_172857_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,247 ·
I agree! Such a difference between a 18 incher and a 28 plus!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,250 ·
Ya... This warm weather is great to get the gills going and feels great going but not so much on the skis.... Where did you go on the river for eyes? I heard they are doing well up north of the bridge at Port Huron.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Buddy lives pretty much right near the Harsens Ferry...launched from there and went north up the river - not super far and up and around. Something happened to his trolling battery so we didn't have a trolling motor all day which again hampered us quite a bit...Frankly, would've been better to head up to cottage and just fish for gills all weekend, but the pontoon is put away up there. Probably done for the season now...maybe some ice fishing a bit this winter. Next year I'm definitely getting a boat. Hopefully the boat market settles down....every one i found this year sold within days..

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,252 ·
I am going to hold out a couple weeks yet. My wife wants me to put it away for the year but I just cant. I am not much of a ice fisherman and winter is soooo long!! Had some gills from this weekend. So darn good... Im not ready for hibernation yet!
Gills.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Those look really good! Ya, i'm not ready to call it either but kind of forced to at this point. I agree...really not looking forward to this long winter especially this year

·
Registered
374 Posts
What was the water temp? Northern, mid, or southern lower peninsula? Big or small lake?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,259 · (Edited)
This warm weather and rain has both the gills and crappie in the shallows and feed bag on!![

1241 - 1260 of 1289 Posts