Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the late season do you normaly see more Deer in the morning or evening? I am home on leave and this is the first time I have hunted the Michigan late season in 15 years, so I am a little out of touch with hunting here in my home state. Let me know what you think?

Tom

· Registered
514 Posts
Tom, if I were home on leave, I'd hunt at any time of the day but I haven't seen a deer in the morning in 2 weeks. All my sightings have come right at last light. From an old vet I'd like to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and thank you for your service to our great country!!:)

· Registered
7,183 Posts
I got a call aeound 2-2:30 this afternoon from the guy that let's me hunt his "backyard" and he told me he just saw 4 deer go running in front of my tent blind. GRRRRRRR, always when I'm NOT there!!!!! So it looks like being how Monday is my last day to hunt for the year, and I'm meatless, it's going to be an all day sit.

· Banned
1,755 Posts
I have a strong preference for morning hunts from late October through firearms season. but it's been my experience at this time of year that evening hunts are much more productive than mornings (in terms of total deer sightings).

In terms of mature buck movement (or any buck movement for that matter), I'm not seeing any, even on the farms where I know there are numerous bucks still alive. At this point it seems that the bucks are very nocturnal, unless you find a honey hole that has been completely unpressured throughout the past several months.

· Crazed Country Rebel
2,449 Posts
The deer are in their winter patterns at least up here, so they seem to be not very active in the colder mornings and more active when it's warmer. I recommend a long sit starting in early afternoon till dark if you can swing it. But hey, get out there for as much time as you can if that's what sounds good to you.

Good Luck and Thank You for your service that helps to protect the rights and privileges we have here in the good ol USA!

· Registered
945 Posts
I have been seeing an equal amount of deer in the morning and evening. I usually see my morning deer between sun-up and 9:30ish and then I rarely see another deer until 4:00 pm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.