Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's actually looking forward to late goose this year? Around here it seems like alot of the roosts are froze and the geese are gone for the most part. I bet some guys are into good pockets of hardy local geese.

I've heard rumor that the Todd farm is lacking geese. This is probably due to the lack of water in the Ottawa marsh.

Brian

· Registered
945 Posts
My work campus has a 35 acre lake that hardly ever freezes completely. I would say there are a 1000 plus birds using this lake right now and have been for weeks. Now I just need to find out where the birds are going and gain some permission. I know they are not going far and they pretty much fly all day.

If I get a chance I will snap some pictures. I have seen quite a few leg bands and a few collars running around.

· Registered
522 Posts
Im jacked up and looking forward to it because my roost is open year round and only a mile from my fields:woohoo1:I drove by there this past weekend for a peek and there were over a thousand birds on it. So I guess the way it is sounding I will be one of the fortunate this winter.

Mykass

if your dog wont retrieve it dont eat it:p

· Premium Member
5,603 Posts
deerhunter08 said:
Looking Pretty Decent In Southwest Mi, Ive Got A Few Spots With A Few Birds Still Around. Hopefully It Will Warm Up A Little. Though
exactly. nothing sets a finer table for mallards than a frozen field with some now standing water /sheet water in the low spots. a real mess getting out there and setting up but you'll be rewarded for sure!

· Registered
945 Posts
mykass said:
Im jacked up and looking forward to it because my roost is open year round and only a mile from my fields:woohoo1:I drove by there this past weekend for a peek and there were over a thousand birds on it. So I guess the way it is sounding I will be one of the fortunate this winter./QUOTE]

I am sure you are talking about the Dow Chemical pond? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.