Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks pretty young to me. I've seen some small ones during bow season. Hope it makes it

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
964 Posts
Dang - that is definitely a late drop. I have seen some young deer during early bow but nothing with that many spots!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looks like an August fawn for sure. I had pics of one like that last year. He was a button buck. I'm 90% sure he is the 5" spike I have on camera this summer in the same spot. He should catch up next year in growth

·
Registered
335 Posts
One time during early October I had one that was no bigger then the one picutured follow me to my tree stand and just walk around me bawling for at least an hour. I tried to run it off before climbing up but it just stayed around me. I am guessing that it lost its mother to either a car or a hunter. Poor little thing ran off only to be following one of the local does and her two much larger offspring a few hours later. That doe "adopted" the little one as I seen them together for the rest of the season. I know that particular doe was not its mother because I had several trailcam photos of that doe with her two youngin's around that area previous to her "adoption".

·
Registered
531 Posts
That little one might have a fighting chance if that pic is from southern MI. If I saw a fawn like that up here in the NWLP I don't think it would have a chance to make it through the winter. I've never seen a deer that small so late in the year..crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
It would just about fit on my rotisserie on my grill! Anyone got a Honeycrisp Apple?

·
Registered
818 Posts
One time during early October I had one that was no bigger then the one picutured follow me to my tree stand and just walk around me bawling for at least an hour. I tried to run it off before climbing up but it just stayed around me. I am guessing that it lost its mother to either a car or a hunter. Poor little thing ran off only to be following one of the local does and her two much larger offspring a few hours later. That doe "adopted" the little one as I seen them together for the rest of the season. I know that particular doe was not its mother because I had several trailcam photos of that doe with her two youngin's around that area previous to her "adoption".
Why did you run it off lol? Perfect bait is a live decoy!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Always a season
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks like the little fawn is still around. I added a picture of a 1.5 year old buck to show contrast, there is a second deer in the bushes to the right. I think it could be the fawn too. I thought at first someone's dog was in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I've got some tracks around my place that tiny. I have yet to see the deer that made them. they cant be any longer than an inch - inch and a half.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts