Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I saw 5 different bucks in two different fields in Macomb co. The one large 10pt had 1/2 his rack out of velvet.

This is the first buck I've seen this year sheding his velvet.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
An awesome buck, counted 17 points, to bad it was in someone elses field. Also saw a 8 point out of velvet on our property.
Did see several other younger bucks still in velvet along with a few more fawns most still having their spots.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Pulled latest roll of film from my deer cam and all bucks still had velvet. Last pic was taken 9-1. All my buck pics seem to come in spurts. I had one roll two weeks ago that had nothing but bucks for two days then just a couple of does for the next two. That roll had two nice eights and a small six that were together. It also had a very nice six and a monster eight point that were together. I have most of my stand, blinds and trimming complete. Now I just have to get my house projects wrapped up so I can hunt the next three months. I am still not able to access my gallery or I would post a few pics. Good luck all!!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Yesterday I visited a local nursery looking for damaged landscaping trees that I want to plant on my farm and there were three nice rubs started on some of the maple trees. They must have lost their velvet by me. Still looking for the deer though. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Last weekend (labor day) at our cabin in northern clare county I saw three bucks 2 eights and a six that made both the eights look small. All three of these deer still had velvet on. The six had three tall tines sticking up on each side of his rack, but he didn't have any brow tines. I thought that this was kind of unique, and a little weird.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was out scouting last night on a farm that I just recieved permission to bowhunt. I found two brand new rubs, and just as I found a tree for my stand, I jumped an 8pt and a 6pt both had shed their velvet. This farm is in eastern Kalamazoo County.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts