Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you think this could effect my hunt on wed. if I try and keep it not noticable to the deer? I have been hunting the area (5-8 acres) all bow season and set it up 2 months prior to bow season, already shot an 8 point on oct. 11th out of it but the guy who owns the land does not want his wife to know i'm on there property, but told me it was ok and to keep on hunting. I went back out after the leaves have dropped and i can see there house and driveway very clear. She doesn't like people killing animals and he used to hunt, I just didn't want her to know I was there. Was just looking for a little advice as it is the only property I have to hunt?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Is there enough room to move without being seen from the house since its only 5-8 acres? Hunters orange will stand out for a long ways. Might want to sit on the ground in some natural cover.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah there is enough cover to move away with hunters orange on in the stand where she won't see me. The only problem with sitting on the ground is that I want to be shooting down, I don't want to sound bad here but there are quite a few houses around (i'm still at safe distances from them) but I don't want to be shooting parralel to the ground just incase something were to travel far enough to hit something. Kinda scares me maybe i'm just paranoid. :)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Its always good to be sure of your shot. If you are not 100% sure of whats behind your target I commend you for not taking the shot. If you need to move your stand so you can hunt I suggest you get moving! Better safe then sorry.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
what I think is that you will hunt the land, shoot a buck, she will hear it, see it and he wont get "none" for a long long time.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have permission for the land next to it also but it is a very small plot maybe 2 acres, I was thinking about putting my stand on this parcel so she wouldn't really be able to do much as far as being on there property when I shoot. I already was thinking about how she would hear it but oh well. This is right across the street from my house takes me 2 minutes to get into my stand. Do they make silencers for a 12 ga. :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts