Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two discouraging weeks, and not seeing much of anything during our firearm season, this little beauty walked into the field last night. One shot - dropped in her tracks.

This makes three deer in three years, on our small property, might just have to go out for muzzleloading season now :lol:

Got her at 5:28 pm. (our season ended at 5:31pm)

Pretty fat, too... Had nearly an inch in some places. :SHOCKED:

Don't have a scale, so I couldn't weigh her, but to get some perspective, it's 6'10" to the tip of her nose in that picture. She has all her molars, so I'm guessing 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 years old. Any one care to guess at age or weight?

For those interested...... It was a lung shot at about 70 yards using Mossberg 835 pump 12ga with rifled/ported barrel, Nikon Prostaff scope at 3x, and Lightfield Hyper EXP slug

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Congrats! Nice healthy looking doe. I'd say 3.5 years old and 120 lbs. dressed.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Real nice deer. It's great that you got it in the final minutes of gun season! (Same thing happened to me on opening day 4 years ago.) I was curious as to the age of a deer I got this year and got some fantastic input from a thread I started (Help-Age this jaw") http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118104. Congrats again, John-Ypsi

·
Registered
71 Posts
I couldn't give a crap about how the anti's feel about this beautiful picture of a legally harvested animal. They will never guide my behavior. Keep on posting boys!

·
Registered
2 Posts
bknoll said:
I couldn't give a crap about how the anti's feel about this beautiful picture of a legally harvested animal. :gaga: Keep on posting boys!
Unfortunatly you are playing right into there hands if thats your attitude, I wish to preserve our great sport for my children and everyones kids

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cousin pickeral said:
Kinda morbid looking pic wasnt it just the kind of fuel the antis are looking for
:irked: Your point being what, exactly??

:confused: Which anti's :confused:

Morbid based on which definition?
1. Of, relating to, or caused by disease
2. Characterized by preoccupation with unwholesome thoughts or feelings
3. Gruesome; grisly

I don't see any disease in the picture (1)
I don't think the deer has any thoughts or feelings (2)
Gruesome or grisly would be considered by some a picture of the gut pile (3)

I only see dinner which needs to be skinned and quartered first. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neal said:
Pickeral has left the building ;)
Saw that just after I responded.

Forgot rule #5.....Don't feed the trolls :banghead3 (sorry, but I couldn't resist...........:evilsmile)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts