Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Last ice

1059 Views 13 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  7mmsendero
There was a chunk of ice that stuck around that I was able to get out on the last few weekends. Fishing wasn't hot and heavy, but the fish I was catching were big. There was still 6-7 inches of ice and it was still fairly hard as of yesterday. Warm sun and west wind took it out today. It was an awesome winter, can't beat fishing until mid March!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing and you weren't alone around there ;-)
Snow Fin Seafood Fish Water

Snow Freezing Gas Winter Liquid
Sky Shoe Water Natural environment Snow

Had a few good days last week. Even got the daughter to go.
I'm going to say you were right by my cousin in those pics. He said there was an air boat out there. He also said the fishing was amazing. I was wore out from sitting on a bucket by Sunday. I was over it and glad to see it go!

View attachment 303830
View attachment 303831 View attachment 303833
Had a few good days last week. Even got the daughter to go.
Reactions: Mr Mom
I managed to get out in some marinas the past couple weekends, including yesterday. I put together some perch, probably 60 or so in 3 trips. Not great fishing, without a camera I would have been lucky to catch half that number. Mostly 8-10” range, no true jumbos. Perch fishing is a lot of fun regardless.
Nice guy. Let him know I tried again that Monday. Half the ice was gone and all the fish were gone.
I'm going to say you were right by my cousin in those pics. He said there was an air boat out there. He also said the fishing was amazing. I was wore out from sitting on a bucket by Sunday. I was over it and glad to see it go!

Reactions: theangler
Super nice guy. Loves his perch fishing. I'm sure you smaller then in the cut the last week by my parents too. Heard it was super good in there.

Nice guy. Let him know I tried again that Monday. Half the ice was gone and all the fish were gone.
Food Ingredient Cuisine Fish Seafood

Slow but big fish last week.
Road surface Asphalt Water Grey Tar

Found ice today but the fish were a little small
Are we going to get back out next week?
Maybe in some marinas. What a crazy year.
Are we going to get back out next week?
Are we going to get first ice in April? This is crazy...lol. Should still be loads of eyes way up the tribbs with this cold weather for the opener though.
I’d say we’re done. I had 7 this morning, but the days are too long. Consider we’re about the same daylight as late August right now. Too bad, April ice fishing is great.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.