Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We closed out the Tuscola, Huron County area yesterday. We had a pretty good hunt, it could/should have been better as far as totals, but all around it was a great day. First off we had three rookies in our group of six and I was on the video at first light and stayed on it for the morning hunt, bad decision! So the very first group snuck up on us from the wrong direction but it was a big group, 50+ birds. Wow the rookies seeing geese that close and especially 50 or more for the very first time was more than they could handle. When the shooting was over only 5 were down and two got back up and flew away. So after a little teasing and come on boys whats up with that ? They all did better for the rest of the morning. We had something wrong, as daylight got brighter the geese would work but just wouldn't finish, we made changes in the spread all morning and had geese on us about every half hour. So for the morning we finished with 11 then broke for lunch. During lunch we had a wind shift and changed the whole spread. I put the video down was prepared to light em up.....yaaaaa ! NOT ! We didn't have a single bird work all afternoon and we stayed til the end of shooting hours, so I never pulled a trigger, But ? It was still a great day and the rookies were talking about it all the way home, a good day for sure..........:)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Nice job Mike. We've got a farm pond lined up for Saturday, hopefully the birds don't change patterns on us.

We'll be taking a youngster out as well. Hopefully we can get him on a good shoot and we'll have one more fowler hooked for life!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts