Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys!!! This is our home for the rest of the season! Let's do this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll let one of u guys figure out a banner. Just don't have time at the moment

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well I'll start the introductions. Name is Rob I live in Gaylord and hunt down by Ludington. I usually get a couple deer a year but nothing to get excited about. The last few years have been really good and I do have some nice genetics in the area, I just usually go for the first legal deer to get the meat in the freezer. This is my first year in this tournament and I hope it is as fun as the pike spearing one I get in every year. Now bring on October.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
What's up guys?!!!

I'm Ron, live in Southgate, also hunt up by Ludington (Branch), and public land in SE MI on occasion. For the last 20 years my average is about 2 deer per year and I try to spread them out over the course of the season. I gave up shooting 1.5 year old bucks a couple years ago and found myself passing a few 2.5 year olds last season. APRs has helped the quality of bucks we've seen in just 2 years and I'm very excited to see what year 3 has to bring!

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys I'm Matt. I live in New Baltimore near lake st clair. I hunt locally on a 45 acre piece of property as well as state land in the thumb. I typically hunt mostly down here but hunt the state land with a group of friends for deer camp for the openers.
I have been managing the local land the last 3 years as it's transitioning from ag fields to whitetail cover. I've planted plots the last few years and have been seeing a good increase of deer sign on the property. What was mostly open fields next to a neighboring wood lot is now filling in with willows and tag alders.
I have way to many small bucks in the garage after hunting state land the last 15 years. Ive focused on chasing older deer the last 5 years or so. I've got pics of a few nice bucks this year. I have yet to see the 2 10 pts I was chasing last year on cam as of yet. I missed the bigger one last yr at 31 yards after my arrow clipped a leaf send my arrow right under the heart.... I look forward to the year and am expecting my patience to pay off.
I am good for at least one doe and hope to get the chance at a good buck if all the chips fall into place

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
. Some of the better bucks so far this year. Haven't pulled cards in a couple weeks. Hoping the food plots have been starting to draw more in since I was there last. Plan on doing a cam check in the next few days

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ttt

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hi the names Mike

I live near capac and just bought 100 acres last year I have only done a few things to the property as I have been working on the house a lot. I also hunt state land in gladwin county for the family camps. I am also heading to Montana for the family's first big out of state hunt. Not that it will count for this tourney but I'm excited to say the least. I should be good for at least a couple doe and hopefully a nice buck. I mainly hunt archery but will also be out for gun and muzzy. I have been practicing qdm for the last few Years and I limit myself to 3.5 or older.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Swimnfish04 Is my brother so I'll try and get him on a deer or two this year as well.

I'll also try to get him talking more, as it seems we have a talk ative group this year.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very cool mike! I'll be frequenting often rolling into season since I can't contain the excitement! Lol. We'll all absent at times due to life. Now that were all checked in visit as much as we can to keep is updated on the season!

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If someone could get a banner going that would be awesome

·
Registered
531 Posts
Have to ask the guys with experience in this but from what I am reading the key is for everyone to score two deer. The archery does make or break the team. I will do my best to do my part, I just put in for 2.5 weeks of PTO spread out through the season so I should gave plenty of chances to get my two. Oh and hopefully lots of ducks in that time also.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Yep 2 deer per guy is the trick! In 2011, my team should've won the contest, but we got squeaked out at the very end by an iffy situation from another team. Long story short, every guy on my team shot a doe and most of them were archery kills. I think we had 1 guy that didn't kill 2 deer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
How's it going you guys, my name is Scott. I live in Shelby Township, I will be hunting in Ohio and Kansas this year for my work. I run mor archery in Shelby Township Michigan and also the pro staff shooter. I will be hunting here in Michigan couple local spots that are private property and up north at some awesome state land.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yep 2 deer per guy is the trick! In 2011, my team should've won the contest, but we got squeaked out at the very end by an iffy situation from another team. Long story short, every guy on my team shot a doe and most of them were archery kills. I think we had 1 guy that didn't kill 2 deer.
I remember that you were on the team tied with my team for second place. My team had a couple guys that didn't shoot two deer. I was tagged out with a nice 8pt, 9pt and a doe by October 26. I wanted to be team number eight, " the hat8d "
This is are year boys!!! I have been in this contest for at least the last 8 years. And never won it, came in second and third a lot.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some better ones from the card pull. Few smaller bucks and does. Getting a lot of turkey pics as well!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I played around and made this banner, we don't have to use it but its a start.
team last call banner.jpg

1 - 20 of 354 Posts