Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a mission to catch some nice Pike this winter, preferable in the Livingston County area (if they exist). Does anyone know if any lakes in this area support Pike in the 10 lb range?

A few Lakes I'm thinking of are:
- Crooked Lake
- Kent Lake (technically Oakland County)
- Indian
- Others???

If anyone has some experiance fishing any of these lakes OR others, I would appreciate some feedback as to where to concentrate my efforts.

I know I can head up North further and find some larger Pike, but thought I'd ask and see if anyone has had luck in this area.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
ON our honey hole in Kent Lake, we have only caught a few monster pike, around 10 LBs, but, we ALWAYS lose at least a few a trip, i mean, by the way they fight, some seem like they may even be closer to 20!!! HUGE pike in that lake, but, VERY ahrd to land through the ice....but, there are alot of medium sized( 24-28/30"ers) pike that are alot of fun, too....

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I've seen a lot MONSTER Pike also caught on Kent Lake. However, none of mine were ever over 28". They do fight HARD though! Lost a bunch too! Dead bait seemed to produce the bigger fish.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Strawberry Lk chain ( where you can gain access) and be careful walking between canals) has some very nice pike. Very thick through the back. My take on this is their diet (cisco).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Lobdell Lake, right on the Genesse/Livingston county border. Take Argentine Rd north off of M59 to silver lake rd, turn right. Great lake for ice fishing all species, but some really huge pike. I saw a monster speared last year. It was the biggest pike I've ever seen in person.

·
Super Moderator
6,904 Posts
over the past 7 years i have taken 4 pike over 15 pounds and 2 that where 20-22 pounds.most have come from private lakes but a few from public lakes. last year i pulled a couple from chemung. one was 38 inches and another was 34inches. i have also taken a couple from thompson but its been a few years. whitmore is another good lake for pike with an occasional eye.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Whitmore Lake is good for pike straight out from the access site. Short walk from the car too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts