Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the coming ice season getting close I thought I would try to find my cousin a pair of ice cleats. He wears an 18 shoe size and his boots are enormous if anyone out there has an idea where I can find some cleats that would fit this size boot please let me know. Tried to find some last year but don't want to spend the money and not have them fit I know most are tight on my 13 or 14's Thanks in advance for any ideas

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I didn't know Shaquille O'Neil ice fished.

Sounds like a mod of some kind to the type that strap on where you may have to add additional strapping to lengthen it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Korker rock trex might go big enough otherwise look for a mid sole or heel cleat. I believe korkersmake some but I'm sure if you Google one of those you'll find options.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't know Shaquille O'Neil ice fished.

Sounds like a mod of some kind to the type that strap on where you may have to add additional strapping to lengthen it.
I was thinkin a mod also. Don't know if he's as big as Shaq but I try to get him to lead the way on thin ice fer sure. I'm a featherweight at 260 when he goes

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I really like the korkers that I got 20 years ago. They are much better now with improved straps but mine are in such good shape still that I don't need another pair. They will outlast anything else out there and I laugh at my buddy spending $10-15 every year or two minimum for the cheap ones that either break or he loses. These stay on your feet, don't even know they are there, plenty of traction, easy on off even though mine stay on all season usually as I take my boots off to drive and things like that but they are a little difficult for us larger than medium guys when you have all your gear on already. They are on sale right now from Moosejaw for under $60 and is still one of the best fishing investments I've ever made as far as bang for the buck and longevity. They only come in XL though so I don't think that would fit that big of a boot:(

Reactions: chasing em

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Shaq wears a 22:eek:
Ya, I know, just had to over exaggerate a bit since I don't know anyone that wears even an 18

Reactions: MPOW

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
I wear size 15. The cheap black rubber ones at Frank’s in size 2X are loose on my shoes and barely don’t fall off. They have a decent chance at fitting over size 18 boots. If you PM me, I’ll try to dig them out tomorrow to post a picture. They were only $10-12 and the packaging lets you try them on in the store.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
A generous handful of some cold cutter ice racing screws would be ideal, should be enough bite to stop slipping.

I might just have some in the garage.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve got these if ya want to ty them, have surface rust, but they are hardened and sharp
PM me an address and I’ll send a handful of what you need View attachment 476397
I thank you for the offer jigger. I've got some from when I used to ride my Honda two wheel drive. I'm not sure his pack boots have enough lug on them for the screws not to poke thru. I've mentioned it before but he seemed like he didn't want to. I had a pair of boots years ago I had screws in but only used them for ice fishing. Thanks again, when we get it together to get out on the ice I'll post what he finds that work for them monster boots.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I really like the korkers that I got 20 years ago. They are much better now with improved straps but mine are in such good shape still that I don't need another pair. They will outlast anything else out there and I laugh at my buddy spending $10-15 every year or two minimum for the cheap ones that either break or he loses. These stay on your feet, don't even know they are there, plenty of traction, easy on off even though mine stay on all season usually as I take my boots off to drive and things like that but they are a little difficult for us larger than medium guys when you have all your gear on already. They are on sale right now from Moosejaw for under $60 and is still one of the best fishing investments I've ever made as far as bang for the buck and longevity. They only come in XL though so I don't think that would fit that big of a boot:(

The picture you posted is their worktrax model. Maybe the most expensive model they sell. They have a few different models. They make a rubber pull on over boot model with the same foot pad stud/design for 1/3 the price of the adjustable nylon strap model. They are nice cleats. I looked at about a dozen when I recently bought a set. Been using 2-3 sets from the 80s and time to upgrade. I picked a set off Amazon. Cimkiz is the name of the crampon cleats I purchased. No use yet. 25.00

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
The picture you posted is their worktrax model. Maybe the most expensive model they sell. They have a few different models. They make a rubber pull on over boot model with the same foot pad stud/design for 1/3 the price of the adjustable nylon strap model. They are nice cleats. I looked at about a dozen when I recently bought a set. Been using 2-3 sets from the 80s and time to upgrade. I picked a set off Amazon. Cimkiz is the name of the crampon cleats I purchased. No use yet. 25.00
The ones I posted are the PolarTrax model but very similar. https://cozywinters.com/shop/korker...MI4bXHqM_o5gIVQP7jBx0XZgpkEAQYBSABEgIKbvD_BwE

In my mind you get what you pay for and I paid up 20 years ago and I'm still using them today but know all sorts of people that have spent that much or more since on several cheap pairs that have either broken or been lost. To each their own. Only a suggestion that has worked wonders for me. I have no issue spending $60-70 on something that I know is going to outlast all of my other gear especially when it is a top 5 need when it comes to fishing safely and comfortably. I actually originally got them for wading in streams and rivers with hard bottoms to avoid slipping on moss and algae covered rocks and shale.

Reactions: jiggerjarvi
1 - 20 of 32 Posts