Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After we meet up at the bait store, we made the run to Rainbow lake and we were fishing buy 1 in the afternoon. I was sitting in my shanty for a while, catching fish with not too much sorting. After a while I took a peak out the door to see how everyone else was doing only to find out that everyonel moved down the lake in search of fish. About 2:30 I stopped, packed up and went to see how everyone else was doing and to brag a bit since I had my limit.

To all that went, it was a fine day to be out with a group of stand up and helpfull guys.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hey, I ended up with a limit too! ...............After every one threw their fish in a pile and I took them home LOL!! Good job Craig! Had another great time with a bunch of great guys. Glad to see some old friends and make some new ones!....Patch

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Yup, a great time. Met a few new guys and got to hang out with a few old ones too. Thanks to Ray for taking us on his lake, and esspecially to Craig for letting me keep warm in his shanty. Craig took us all to school.... we all went and fished another spot and about an hour later Craig comes walking down with his limit :)

A great time, Ray emailed me a few pics which i will try and get up tommorow. Thanks for the good times guys.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it you should have went to Hooters better pictures! I just heard of a pond on state land close to Lansing full of 10" to 12" gills but fish have what I've always heard as fish fleas (small black spots) but the guy said the spots went all through the meat. The guy checked with a DNR guy said fish safe to eat but they have them bad due to pond is only 3 to 4 ft. deep and gets real warm in summer. Hopefully I'll get out and check it later this week to make sure it isn't another urban ledgen.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took you guy's to school. Yeah right! :) I'm a complete novice compared to everyone else that was in our group. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. It will never happen again because I just have that kind of luck. Tight lining a #16 treble hook with a couple of mousies about 2 feet from the bottom with 1 pound test was the ticket.

How Art could stand the cold with no shanty, thermal underwear or snow suit and in cotton socks wearing a good pair of work boots for all that time was simply amazing! The guy is all Eskimo!

Thanks again for the setting the event up and giving me a shove to get out of my parking space. It was a great time being out on the ice with fella's and to Patch for drilling the holes.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Real sorry I had to miss this one:( . Fortunately, I can console myself by knowing that I was where I was needed. Glad you all had a great time. Hope to hook up with you all sometime in the near future.
Dave

·
Registered
524 Posts
Originally posted by Craig M
I'm a complete novice compared to everyone else that was in our group.
Except me, I've only been ice fishing for a week.

Thanks for settin this up and teaching me a some new tricks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts