Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been mostly a Walleye Ice Fisherman lately, doing the Saginaw River thing. But this year I got a Vexilar and would like to try for some blue gills and/or crappies closer to town. Any recommendations on lakes? I heard the Chelsea area is good. Anyone interested in showing me how to use my Vexilar..I am a total rookie at it, but am anxious to try and learn. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
JRock,
On the north side of town here, you have Sleepy Hollow fairly close, which can be hot at times for 'gills. Typically they run small, but there are big ones in there, and if you hit it right you'll be happy. Muskrat Lake just north of DeWitt has some nice crappies if you hit them right. Night time is good. Some of the small lakes up in the Rose Lake Wildlife Area can be good for 'gills if you sniff around there a bit. Like all fishing, it's hit and miss.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
JRock - Can't help you with the Vex but I think I'm going to heading out on Sunday to see if I can do a little damage. And seeing that I'm not that far from you, if you want to meet up, let me know. You still have my work number in your PM box?

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
same goes for me too. i am not that far from ya and either is ozzgood.once we get good ice we will be out just about every chance we get. so when we get ice just send me a pm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts