Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, my wife, and kids are looking for 10 + acres of land to start a market garden business/farmers market/flower business on. Prefer in the Petoskey/ Boyne area but willing to look elsewhere.
Willing to consider rent-to-own, but needs to be mostly clear land.
I'm determined to make this a reality!
thanks

·
Registered
10,123 Posts
Have you called the Petoskey/Boyne real estate offices? Or checked on Zillow or realtor.com? craigslist also might be an option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you called the Petoskey/Boyne real estate offices? Or checked on Zillow or realtor.com? craigslist also might be an option.
Yes I have, but I’m trying to find something in a good marketing location but without paying an arm and a leg

·
Registered
10,123 Posts
What is your budget for 10 acres of cleared tillable land in a good marketing location?

·
Registered
10,123 Posts
With 5 minutes of searching on Zillow, properties meeting the criteria you provided in this thread are readily findable. Have you searched Zillow or realtor.com?

·
Registered
14,844 Posts
With the changes this COVID19 crisis is creating, there is going to be a lot of real estate that changes hands in the next couple/few years. There will be golden opportunities. I am guessing property values will decline from this, but that is just a guess.

I've toyed with the exact same idea. I love to work/play in dirt, and Farming is in my family. But I am thinking 20 - 30 acres, with greenhouses, and a parking lot.

·
Premium Member
11,606 Posts
With the changes this COVID19 crisis is creating, there is going to be a lot of real estate that changes hands in the next couple/few years. There will be golden opportunities. I am guessing property values will decline from this, but that is just a guess.

I've toyed with the exact same idea. I love to work/play in dirt, and Farming is in my family. But I am thinking 20 - 30 acres, with greenhouses, and a parking lot.
Green house is theway to go. Get big ones and plant your garden in them so you get early results. I had a chance to get a bunch of 36 foot hoops at one time just had to take them down. I did not have the time to do it but sure wish I had some now as our whole garden would be in them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts